620 lower arm to spindle

im tryin to take the lower arm off of the truck, everything is unbolted, but i just can get the lower arm off the spindle.

im not sure how to take the threaded portion out of the spindle to take the arm off. any help would be appreciated

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The king pin (works like a door hinge with the spindle in the middle) is connected to the upper and lower control arms with a cross bolt through it and the two sides of the arms. Unbolt the upper cross pin bolt and nut and drive it out. Now swing the king pin and hub out downward from the top. The lower cross pin has a cotter pin through the lower part of the king pin that locks it in place. With the king pin swung downward you can get at the cotter pin bolt to remove it. Now the cotter pin can be tapped out freeing the cross pin and it can now be driven out like the top one and the king pin assy removed from the lower control arm.

I think.

I did this twice in the 70s for king pin replacement.

thanks for the reply but i dont really get what youre saying..the only cotter pins ive seen are on the steering, which i cant seem to get off the spindle anyways..im used to the simplicity of newer trucks fml

IMG_2319.jpg

The little thing sticking out of the very bottom of the king pin between the two sides of the lower control arm... that's the cotter pin. Looks like this:

31rViuSw9NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Looks like you have the nut off, it's end, so now just drive it in and through the and out and that threaded cross rod will be free to be pushed out to either side.

so just hammer it in to the spindle?

you kinda lost me with this

Looks like you have the nut off, it's end, so now just drive it in and through the and out and that threaded cross rod will be free to be pushed out to either side.

Why are you taken this apart?

Kingpins bad???????

I guess its harder to get new "Kingpin sets" so you have a set already???????

Why I ask is those pins that your trying to get out can be a pain and when you hammer them out You have to order more if you FUCK up the threads.

Some KIngpin sets have them in the kit or you have to get them from nissan.(I thought I had the last ones from Nissanparts.cc)

Personally I would not take them off if you dont have too, unless your doing a KINGPIN set

lol the king pins are fine, i just dont need any of this suspension anymore, im doing a 100% custom front end i just need to get this arm off to start on the new ones

i have a build thread you can check out so you get an idea of what im doing

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18919-not-your-average-620/page__gopid__275273entry275273