Clicking Noise?

SubwayGUY4

Well recently I drove into a curb and well I thought the cross member, steering, and what not would be my only problems.

Well I go to fire it up and it starts a really loud clicking? I pull the valve cover and I don't find any pieces flying around. Keeping in mind that the clicking was fairly loud and sounded like valves.

Well I do also recall my oil pan the bottom portion being bent upward to hell. Could it be that there is something in my oil pain hitting? If this doesn't make sense or something i'll post a video of what I'm talking about but for now any ideas?

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Hey! why not pull off the oil pan and start it up to see if it makes the noise? make sure when it starts to floor the gas pedal and hold it for at least a minute or two!!!

Guest kamakazi620

How about no.

Well theres nothing in the oil pan but I noticed I can move my chain really easily so I'm guessing that jumped and its hitting on the inside welp thanks anyway

Sorry First ya drive into a curb then you think the smashed oil pan is to blame,At least ya found yer loose timing chain!!!just had to poke some fun mang!!!

how about put your hand underneath the pan and FEEL if its hitting the pan.Be honest it has to be a really smashed pan!!!!!!!!

The Chain. turn it up to Top Dead center. zero in crank keep chain on tite side then ck timming marks. If the V and the dash are lined up its in time and chain did not slip

I never SEEN a chain slipping.

Maybe a slack side guide is loose cause the bolt fell out.

Ck alternator bolts/alternator

maybe adjust the rockers

watch my timming chain install

http://olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

Fram oil filter?????????

Post pictures of the damage areas.

Is the rad fan contacting anything when spinning?

Are the cooling blades on the alternator hitting anything when running?

Got an air pump on it?

Well theres nothing in the oil pan but I noticed I can move my chain really easily so I'm guessing that jumped and its hitting on the inside welp thanks anyway

Nothing in the oil pan??? So you had it off?? Did you look to see if the pan was being hit with the crank throws???

All chains have a slack side so if you rotate the crank or the cam sprockets forward and back it seems like there's looseness but in reality it is all on the right side and is controlled by the tensioner.

Well I go to fire it up and it starts a really loud clicking? I pull the valve cover and I don't find any pieces flying around. Keeping in mind that the clicking was fairly loud and sounded like valves.

A loose or badly adjusted valve will make noise withou having any "pieces flying around". Only way to be sure is to check each one.

If you damaged the oil pan the pick up tube may be bent up and sucking some air instead of oil.

Well chained turned out to be one of the culprits since the tension spring fell out of place. I ended up pulling the head and rotating the crank and there was still a clank that sounded like something was hitting in the oil pan. Also a newly featured grinding after every rotation.

So I ended up selling the head/block for 100 dollars and I'm just going to go with a KA