Brand new here!

620blues

P1010026.jpg

That's my '77 that I found for $800 in Santa Fe. It's a love/hate relationship...First the love part, when I was a wee lad, my mom bought her first new car ever, It was a 510 stationwagon. The same blue I believe, (p103) I loved that car from the moment I saw it, It had that Datsun smell, (my truck still has it) it was sporty, and me and my sister loved camping out in it in the driveway. Long story shorter, not too long after buying it, my mom was t-boned by a caddy on the drivers side. The car was totaled,but she walked away with just a few scratches. Even as a kid I was duly impressed.

Flash forward. When I saw the ad for my truck, memories came flooding back. I had to have it. It was a daily driver for the first year or so, commuting 60 miles a day into town, no problem. Then the altenator went, replaced it and the regulator...Then the fuel pump went, easy fix...then the carb literally started coming apart in pieces, pulled it out and had it rebuilt. Put it back in and had my mechanic look over my work. He adjusted the timing, gapped the plugs and fiddlled with the vacuum hoses (arrgh!cali emissions!) drove it around yesterday on some errands, came out of the drugstore and dammitall, it wouldn't turn over! Pulled of the airfilter cover, gas in the filter. Good. Seems like a lotta gas in the carb, good? It almost seemed flooded. Does that happen? I waited about ten minutes, tried starting it again and it finally caught. What the devil is going on? Any ideas would really help. I'm losing my mind!

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a nice 620 long box, sounds like you flooded it, next time you try starting it, give it 1 pump on the pedal then crank it over, if it don't start, keep it cranking and pump it a couple of more time.

just in case you ask me, NO I don't want to buy it, I already got enough 620's... :P