Header for my 521

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick with stock manifold and down pipe. No gain with header. Major aggravation getting it on. I would never do this to myself again!

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm running this one right now-

IMG_0594.jpg

reason being, the stock cast mani had smog plugs on each runner, and had been mangled to the point where they were leaking, but couldn't remove them.

i had a muffler shop weld on another flange just past where the new headers were welded to the existing exhaust, to help with ease of removal.

i didn't notice any loss or gain in performance, but compared to my leaky stocker, it sounds a hell of a lot better!

To be fair, if you are running a modified motor with bigger or multi-carbs and a larger cam in a ported head and raced or auto-X'd it enough and had money to throw at the exhaust then yes there is a few hp to be gained. But the stock manifold is that good to begin with so it's more of a looks thing.

To be fair, if you are running a modified motor with bigger or multi-carbs and a larger cam in a ported head and raced or auto-X'd it enough and had money to throw at the exhaust then yes there is a few hp to be gained. But the stock manifold is that good to begin with so it's more of a looks thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.