shortened driveshaft

I have a 2 door 510 that i swapped in a ka24de with a 5 speed with the mckinney tranny and engine crossmembers. i dont have a driveshaft currently for the car. i found a member selling a stock 1 piece 510 driveshaft that i was thinking of picking up for 60$. im hoping hes willing to ship it so i think id have it for like 100$

since its shipping from northern to southern cali.

i was thinking of gettin this made to fit for my swap.

would this be a better solution or should i just spend the 375 for a custom 1 piece steel driveshaft?

trying to save money but i want something that will hold the amount of power i want to put down when i go ka-t

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just shorten the stock one and put new u-joints in it

I agree with him.

$375 is alot for a 1 piece steel driveshaft. That kind of money should get you an aluminum piece.

In my area, I was quoted $90, $45 to cut/weld and $45 to balance.

for a ka swap they couldn't shorten the one on my wagon because the ends are tapered. They had to retube the whole thing. It cost me about $220ish with new joints and they even came to my house to get the measurements and pick up the drive shaft. They are out in Lake Forest, Orange county. I believe they are oc driveline? They do good work.