the mistakes ive made...

1974datsun

in june i got a 74 and 78 620. the 78 ran but water was getting mixed up in the oil(i wasnt very mechanically inclined at this point in time). so the day i got the truck i started it up to hear how well it ran, and check EVERYTHING OUT. while it was idling the timing sprocket poped off and busted the timing cover. so i decided to make the parts truck into my project truck. so i started taking the motor in the 78 apart, turns out the gasket on the timing cover was leaking so i basically had a good running L20. i finally got the engine in the 74 complete. i got it running but the it smoked really bad. i then towed it over at my buddys house, there i pulled the L18 and disassembled it, i organized the parts and kept them in sequencial order, and sent the block out to get bored .50 over =). i then got into some legal trouble and its been 3 months since ive worked on my truck. well.....today i went to my friends house to work on my truck. i fixed the wireing for my tail lights and engine bay, i also finished installing my sound system and the rest of my interior. i then went into the garage to start assembling my engine...well to my suprize ALL MY DAMN PARTS WERE THROWN IN 1 BUCKET WITH PARTS TO MY 305. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!! i need the following parts: APR connecting rod nuts and bolts, the very middle cam holder (the 3rd one), a radiator, starter, cam holder bolts(not sure what they are called) main bearing cap bolts, fly wheel bolts, the bolts that hold the tranny on the block, clutch bolts, ALL THE VOLTAGE REGULATORS FOR THE ENGINE BAY(DONT KNOW WTF HE DID WITH THEM).

good thing thats happend this month is getting MY weber!!!!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKE!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i towed it over at my buddys house and disassembled it. its been 3 months since ive worked on my truck. today i went to my friends house to work on my truck. i went into the garage...ALL MY DAMN PARTS WERE THROWN IN 1 BUCKET WITH PARTS TO MY 305.

MY MISTAKE!!!

Simplified for posterity sake.