Need 240sx 5 speed conversion parts

Hey guys I know its not quite Datsun but I'm sure some of you KA24 guys out there are pulling apart 240s for the drive train. I am looking for the parts to convert my 1990 240sx from auto to 5 speed. I have the trans I just need everything else: flywheel, pedels, clutch master and line, ect. I am in socal near San Bernardino. Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

do you know if a 5 speed tranny from a 240zx or a 280zx will go well with a 620 truck, I want to swap the 4 speed for a 5 speed. let me know @ joeb3747@ yahoo.com?

the search button is your friend ;) (and theres no such thing as a 240zx)

do you know if a 5 speed tranny from a 240zx or a 280zx will go well with a 620 truck, I want to swap the 4 speed for a 5 speed. let me know @ joeb3747@ yahoo.com?

Next time ask your transmission question in the Technical section under Drivetrain. :D No one will yell at you.

To answer it:

The 240sx tranny is designed to fit the Z and KA series motors and although it will bolt to your 620 motor, the transmission will be rotated 12 degrees to the right and the shifter will be in the passenger seat. It is also about 5"+ too long

You don't say what year 620 you have, but if it has a build date after Oct '73 a 280z or zx 5 speed will fit without any alterations. To locate the build date look on the tag on the driver's door jam. Any '77-'79 620 or Maxima 5 speed will fit. If you have a 620 before this date only a '77-'79 200sx dogleg 5 speed will fit.

the search button is your friend ;) (and theres no such thing as a 240zx)

Ha ha I missed the 240zx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.