ALMOST on the road, 3 quick questions, coolant leak electric choke and fuel pump related///

Toasteee

I searched and searched before making this thread please don't skin me alive!!! :hairy:

I have a 72 620, recently installed weber 32/36, it came with electric choke, my truck never did, can I convert it to use my existing manual cables? or is it better to add whatever wiring it would take to make it work? what will it take?

2nd, I have a coolant leak now that the intake manifold is back on, I replaced ALL lines under hood and found the previous owner had a plug in the coolant line that goes into the intake manifold, can I safely block this off since I live in Southern California? ( I'm assuming this line is to keep the fuel from puddling in cold weather?)

3rd, I currently have a FACET electric fuel pump that weber does not recommend using,I am going to replace it, will this one work? It looks like the PSI is correct....how about the flow rating?

My link

Thanks!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wire the electric choke to any fuse that is on only in the run ignition position and forget it.

I would connect and get that coolant line to the manifold working. It warms the mixture when the air is cold and when it's hot keeps the intake 'cool' from radiant heat from the exhaust manifold.

Webers are notorious for flooding if the fuel pressure is much above 3 PSI. Yours says 3-4 PSI. It will work but if yours acts up just get a pressure regulator and dial it back.

You're always giving great help! thanks!

as for the coolant leak...since the intake manifold gasket is responsible for sealing those coolant return holes, a new one should solve that problem I hope, I HATE when OEM's use either manifold to seal coolant passages...even the almighty 4G63 uses the exhaust manifold to seal a coolant passage...

When I started her up with the new carb I got crazy amounts of smoke from the block breather tube, I hope it was because it was sitting for a while and the overly rich initial startup, I plan on taking the catch can off my S2K and using it on the truck.

/rant

that pump will work great, just make sure you put it close to the tank so you dont burn it up (they are much better at pushing than pulling) god where did you get the pic of that pump, thts the infinity parts system, we have that at oreillys, when i saw it you made me think of work and how many times i have to show people pics of that crap, lol

I would think the 72 620 has a eleltric choke wire(12volt or close to 12volt) wire near the wiper motor already installed. My 72 521 has a wire.

the coolant line has to be plugged by the lower rad hose and the intake.

Persoanlly I would run water line if you got it. Get a good intake gasket and make sure you applied even torq on all the bolts and it should not leak. I have installed 1/4 NPT pipe plugs when I run the sidedraft manifolds so I dont have this proplem.