ka24e or de into 1984 nissan 720

nissan720

will the tranny in the nissan 720 bolt up to either one of these engines?i want to swap out my dead old z24 for some more power.the engine blew yesterday,and i have access to both engines and the vehicles they came out of .what will i need other than the computer and some wiring.are tese good engines or shuld i just drop in a 4.3 chevy with a 400 turbo tranny.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KA24E or DE from a Hardbody truck will have the correct oil pan for a swap into the 720 truck and will bolt up to the 720s tranny. However the EFI wiring on the Hardbody is part of the main wire harness and hard to separate. Car KAs have a separate harness for all sensors and EFI and is much easier to work with. KAs will give much better mileage and only add about 100lbs to the front end. The stock rad will fit the KA. Automatic KA ECUs are preferable to standards to eliminate the rev limiter.

Chevy needs a tranny swap, tranny mount, and drive shaft mods. Bigger rad. Crappy mileage.

• Like 1

KA24E or DE from a Hardbody truck will have the correct oil pan for a swap into the 720 truck and will bolt up to the 720s tranny. However the EFI wiring on the Hardbody is part of the main wire harness and hard to separate. Car KAs have a separate harness for all sensors and EFI and is much easier to work with. KAs will give much better mileage and only add about 100lbs to the front end. The stock rad will fit the KA. Automatic KA ECUs are preferable to standards to eliminate the rev limiter.

Chevy needs a tranny swap, tranny mount, and drive shaft mods. Bigger rad. Crappy mileage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the radiators are different. The ka has inlet/outlet on the same side. Napz are on opposing sides? Either route ya go its a lot of work and money either way. The ka does bolt in but ya still got fuel system and many other custom things you will need to do etc.

• Like 1