bumperette'z anyone '71 521

i just picked up a cherry 521from ssdjoey well not a full cherry maybe one that needs to be washed polished and shined a bit ne ways im looking for those sought after bumperette's not sure on the spelling or if thats how you pronounce (while reading to self) what ive seen you folks calling the 521's two little bumpers but im in need or these shes got the stock 4 speed and l16 so needless to say people ride the shit out of her ass and with out protection too!!!! could you belive i need to be a responsible owner and get her some ass protecters... so of course i would like some nice lookin ones not to bent/dented/rusted i could always re-crome em but it would be cool if i didnt have to so let me know what you got if you got im not sure which yearshad them im thinkin at least '69 to '72 but im sure you guyz know any help would be rad oh and im lookin for the little choke knob and a stock radio and last thing maybe a brake booster that would be compatible to her???? i have a disc kit but wanna try just the booster first.... i need to add the driver side 1600 datsun emblem it fell off to day damit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hello yes its me again so im also in dyer need of a choke cable for her im not sure if other choke cables are compatible with her if you have any knowledge to share please enlighten me!!! a battery holder would do alot better than me bunge cord!!!! last but definitely not least are some shifter bushings for the stock 4 speed but it be nice to swap a 5 speed into her im not sure if there is one that will bolt up to her and if there is if id need to change the drive shaft as well once again if you can shed any light on any of these items/topics id love to hear what you have to say...

A 5spd won't make it any faster so they will still ride your ass. You will gain a slight mileage increase with the over drive 5th.

Since you will need to shorten and balance the front half of the drive shaft anyway, get one from a 620 or 280z. The '80 and up non turbo zx 5 spd has a very low over drive, perhaps dropping the L16 RPMs so much that it cant make enough power to pull the truck along at highway speeds. Certainly making it more difficult to climb grades and drive into the wind. Something to consider.

You will need to change the shifter hole location and make a tranny mount mod.

thanks for the input.. i think the l16 has at least a steady 65 maybe 70 in her shes just wound up to tight around 60 sounds like she wants to blow..so i would just need to shorten the front drive shaft and cut a bigger hole and i could bolt one of them right in same hole pattern.. easy speazie lemon squeezzieee.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input.. i think the l16 has at least a steady 65 maybe 70 in her shes just wound up to tight around 60 sounds like she wants to blow..so i would just need to shorten the front drive shaft and cut a bigger hole and i could bolt one of them right in same hole pattern.. easy speazie lemon squeezzieee.

I didn't cut my drive shaft at all. Just use the front half from a 620. I can't remember if I grabbed mine from a regular or king cab. Measure it. Should be around 4" shorter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.