L28D, Diesel Maxima - FLYWHEEL -Wanted

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't you use the zxt flywheel mc/sc?

I know yours is auto.

Can I ask why the swap? You can't turbo the ld28 much without inventing a new way to deliver fuel and the stock ld28t's made less hp and just about the same tq(all be it at a lower rpm) then the l28et.

• Like 1

Diesel Maxima ( 1982,1983 ) Flywheel wanted, Diesel 810 ( 1981 ) Flywheel Wanted

Want to Convert My 280ZX Turbo to Turbo Diesel with L28D - Diesel Maxima - Need Flywheel, Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder, etc. etc.

You don't say but appears you are also converting to 5 speed as well? Turbo-ing the LD28 is not as easy as slipping a zx turbo exhaust manifold on. It's a daunting task.

If you are selling the 280zx turbo motor what turbo/manifold are you using????

You don't say but appears you are also converting to 5 speed as well? Turbo-ing the LD28 is not as easy as slipping a zx turbo exhaust manifold on. It's a daunting task.

You can bolt it right on and run it the prob is you can't dial in more then like 5lbs on that injector pump. Thats why the stock ld28t's made no real power, stock pump limitations. Even other 6 cylinders with similar pumps flow only marginally more. You'd have to really completely fab up a new system to see more power.

There is/was a nissan diesel forum I can't seem to find now (shut down?), where it was mulled over quite a bit. People also were into it for a while on hbz, I was one of them lol.

It's so mesmerizing to do, turbo diesels just throw gobs of power when you turn the boost up, they love it. But when your so limited like with the ld to me it's just not viable. It's a great engine, but for like industrial usage, generator or fork lift. It has no biz in a car, cool as it may be imho.

You can bolt it right on and run it the prob is you can't dial in more then like 5lbs on that injector pump. Thats why the stock ld28t's made no real power, stock pump limitations. Even other 6 cylinders with similar pumps flow only marginally more. You'd have to really completely fab up a new system to see more power.

There is/was a nissan diesel forum I can't seem to find now (shut down?), where it was mulled over quite a bit. People also were into it for a while on hbz, I was one of them lol.

It's so mesmerizing to do, turbo diesels just throw gobs of power when you turn the boost up, they love it. But when your so limited like with the ld to me it's just not viable. It's a great engine, but for like industrial usage, generator or fork lift. It has no biz in a car, cool as it may be imho.

I'm after a Sports Car I can FIT into ( almost all sports cars are made for short people ), and reasonable economy, not acceleration.

not planning on turning pump up, just planning on adding a turbo eventually and trying to get 40 - 45 mpg on the highway. also planning on adding an additional overdrive after I convert it to 5 speed manual.

Thanks for the tip on Nissan Diesel Forums - just met the Owner / Moderator ( Al Savage ) of that site last night - purchased spare injector pump from him . . . .

got a Diesel Maxima Wagon, Just purchased the 280ZX Turbo, want to do the TurboDiesel thing. I LIKE diesels better fuel economy and I like ZX's . . . . now if I had a inexpensive Cummins 5.9 . . . THAT would be really cool . . . . Has anybody seen the writeup in one of the diesel mag's about a Duramax Chevy - Malibu from the early 70's ? Cool . . . .really cool, twin turboed, really really fast . . . .

• Like 1

Why can't you use the zxt flywheel mc/sc?

I know yours is auto.

Can I ask why the swap? You can't turbo the ld28 much without inventing a new way to deliver fuel and the stock ld28t's made less hp and just about the same tq(all be it at a lower rpm) then the l28et.

Diesel Maxima uses different flywheel -- due to engine harmonics ( stresses ). Could use turbo flywheel for a bit, but eventually the stresses will cause the crank to crack . . . . .

I like 5 speeds rather than automatics. . . .

Have other 280ZX Turbo Manifold, and 300ZX Water Cooled Turbo. . . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.