E 30 cam ID

67411sss

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it have MGB scribed into it? But is that a Japanese kanji stamping? Could it be that it came out of a E1 mid 60's datsun (320, 410, etc.) engine and was either used in a MGB B-series (not sure if this was possible) or was used in a e-series Datsun head on a MGB b-series block?

Seriously I have no idea. But when I hear MGB and E-series at the same time, that is where my mind goes since the C1, E1 and J's were copies of the MGB BMC B-series engines.

Scratch that, it's an L series cam (IIRC most of those motors you've mentioned fisch should have some fashion of cam drive on the back of it). I don't think it's a re-grind from a cam company in the states, that's not a mfg or grind I'm familiar with. Can you tell what cam it was based off of? Or was it ground from a blank?

It's an L6 cam, made by nissan (has japan cast into it)i just can't make out the stamp, could be a K( but nissan don't have a K cam for the L6)I don't know if it started out as a blank(do blanks have a stamp?)i guess i could take it down to the machine shop and get them to measure the lobes, just thought i would ask here.

It's an L6 cam, made by nissan (has japan cast into it)i just can't make out the stamp, could be a K( but nissan don't have a K cam for the L6)I don't know if it started out as a blank(do blanks have a stamp?)i guess i could take it down to the machine shop and get them to measure the lobes, just thought i would ask here.

ya its deff not a factory stamping :huh: if you got the lobes measured it might help narrow it down

e30 is the head type? the stamp is prolly a japan company re-grind. the e heads were japan only if i remember what i read on hybridz somewhere. i could be wrong. i should check my e head i have, but its put way far away.

most if not all the L6 cams have "E30" cast into the side, My J grind P90 cam and A grind cam have the same casting.

as far as E heads go we got the E88 and the E31.

Im thinking its an after market from a JP company? a regrind of a factory cam would still have the factory stamp on it Id think. either way its not stock.

Id go see what the cam specs are Rory.

Its a factory nissan cam for a 6 cylinder L series, has JAPAN and E30 cast into it. It's NOS, it might be for the L20A 6 cylinder...

thats true, Ill see if I can find some L20A cam specs, Iv got all the american L6 specs but that ones JDM

I asked over at HybridZ too, there some guys who have spent a lot of time with JP spec Z stuff and would know those random bits of obscure info lol.