few ka swap questions

JDM510

ok so i have a few questions for a KA swap, i been searching found most of the info i need...

witch speedo sender do i use with the KA tranny to make my stock speedo work???? my car was auto so my cable should be long enough. i just need to know what sender... first gen 300zx???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the cable should be about the right length...as far as what sender to use, not sure. I kind of doubt there is a direct bolt in drive that will have your speedo completely accurate though...I have a naps-z20 with a manual transmission from a 1980 nissan 510(called a 510 but is actually a nissan stanza) in my wagon, and even though the cable bolts up just fine to the sending unit on the 80's transmission, my speedo is over 10mph off because of the lower gears my wagon has...I would assume even if you can get a drive that will pop into the 5spd, I kind of doubt it will be accurate.

i was looking into my speedo cable and i see theirs a seal in their.. maybe your seal is bad mine looks to be ok so we will see once i get it running...

another question... my datsun is a 71 auto car and their is no fuel return line??? do i run my own?? obviously... im wondering am i going to have to weld a nipple on my tank??? where is the best place to dump this return??? in the top of the tank or bottom???

i was looking into my speedo cable and i see theirs a seal in their.. maybe your seal is bad mine looks to be ok so we will see once i get it running...

another question... my datsun is a 71 auto car and their is no fuel return line??? do i run my own?? obviously... im wondering am i going to have to weld a nipple on my tank??? where is the best place to dump this return??? in the top of the tank or bottom???

My car didnt have a return either. It had a line for the vent, but i didnt use that.

I ran a return line following my feed line and connected it to the bottom of the tank. There are 2 little nips on the tank in the bottom corner. The bottom one is for the inlet and the top i belive was a vent? I connected my return to that and had no issues.

ive done a few but every one is a lil diff.. last 3 dimes a i owned all had return lines.. i just crawled under their and where the feed line for the take comes out looks like their was a gromet for the return line but some one may have removed it when they took the smog off my car???

it has the vent line though, but i think that gose threw the box under the back window so i did not wana run gas threw that

ive done a few but every one is a lil diff.. last 3 dimes a i owned all had return lines.. i just crawled under their and where the feed line for the take comes out looks like their was a gromet for the return line but some one may have removed it when they took the smog off my car???

it has the vent line though, but i think that gose threw the box under the back window so i did not wana run gas threw that

maybe it wasnt a vent i cant remeber. But i thought the line that went to the box under the window was on top of the tank. At any rate i used bottom nipple for feed, top for return, inline pump in trunk

oh and this is the first KA swap im doing that i am not buying anything for a swap. i am doing EVERYTHING my self from flipping the x member to the wiring. with the exception of the drive shaft everything else will be done by me.... and im almost 50% done :D

i would start a build thread but i dont want it clutterd with bullshit and stupid comments..... cuz we all know i dont take E- criticism to well :P

maybe it wasnt a vent i cant remeber. But i thought the line that went to the box under the window was on top of the tank. At any rate i used bottom nipple for feed, top for return, inline pump in trunk

i think my top nipple runs threw that box under the back window??

did you do away with that box???? are are you speaking of another nipple