510 Wagon - NOS Chrome Locking Gas Cap with Keys

I was digging through my stuff today and came across this:

NOS_510_Wagon_Locking_Gas_Cap_w_Keys_011.jpg

NOS_510_Wagon_Locking_Gas_Cap_w_Keys_004.jpg

NOS_510_Wagon_Locking_Gas_Cap_w_Keys_015.jpg

It is in very nice NOS condition. It does have a few very minor scratches from being stored for 35 + Years, but it is still nice enough for a show car or sweet driver. I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10.

It is not in the original factory box but the part number is: 17251 - A9500

It comes with 2 keys. The keys are the two sided keys like the later cars but I am not sure if this fits the early or the late wagons. I do not have access to a wagon to try it on. I had Merlin check the part number and it just shows "replacement gas cap".

I don't have a wagon so I figure I should let one of you put this to good use.

I know that regular wagon gas caps are rare and an NOS locking one is even more rare.

$200 plus shipping

Don't miss out. If you want it, email me at qwik510 at aol.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the one I have on my 68 goon...just be careful to try it before you buy it since mine won't work on newer goons. I tried it on both a 70 and 72 and it didn't fit either one.

Looks like the one I have on my 68 goon...just be careful to try it before you buy it since mine won't work on newer goons. I tried it on both a 70 and 72 and it didn't fit either one.

Good looking out and thanks for that info. I have heard that and have brought that up. will see what happens.

The cap will only fit the 68/69 wagon. I bought one a few years ago for my 71 and of course it did not fit. I picked up different filler neck and after some creative re-routing on the evap tank hoses it fit perfectly on my 71 ... only to find out it is vented and it would not pass the local emmisions testing.

I ended up with a $2 locking cap from eBay that works great.

I have a sweet NOS set of Wagon Euro Tail light lenses. Brand new in the box. $200 plus shipping. I can post pics if you are interested.

I also have a super clean set of original metal hatch vents that were pulled from a car in the 70's. I rate them a 9 out of 10. $100 plus shipping. Let me know if you want to see pics.

Lots of other NOS 510 parts that I am not ready to part with. I have been collecting them for over 20 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.