datchvy a datsun with a 305

1974datsun

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the truck is a 1972 620 the DMV and vin match. Also this was done with a turbo 400 which is large a muncie would gain lots of room. P.S. you can move the the dist. on a chevy to the front and you can never have the same HP for money spent as with a sbc. If he wants a sbc in his truck it is up to him I just posted the pictures to show him were someone else cut the fire wall to make it fit.

• Like 1

I think any engine swap is doable with one of these.

ford-302blockandintake.jpg\

Probably weighs like 30 pounds. Just place it in the engine bay and make some brackets and bam!!!! You got a V8.... Yes that engine is fake... cost like 300$ but you can make you own out of foam...

It was made in june '72 Kinda Early for a '73 620

The next model year is built in August (usually) so a build date from August on is for the next year. AFIK the first 620 was built in Mar of '72 till August when they became '73 year models. Almost 93,000 were built as a '72. When this happens they are often referred to as a '72 1/2. The Hardbody is an '86 1/2 that (I think) was first built in November of '85.Thus there were only 3 month that the final '86 720s were built in. Strange but these '86 720 received the new Z24i throttle body injection motors. Very confusing as the FSM don't mention them.

Guest DatsuNoob

I stand corrected once again. Wont be the last time I'm sure. Every 620 I've ever been around at the earliest has been a 73, even service manuals list 620s from 73-79, but that's cool, I have no problem being incorrect once in a while ;) :D

Noob uffdahh, your wrong if its a register as 1972 it a 1972 not a 1973 and books always vary, P.S. I have a friend that was the service manager at Dave Hearts Datsun and he to own a 1972 and half 620. ( 1972 and a half does that help you ) Sorry but its true.

• Like 1

I think it'd be sweet. I'm an f'n newb to this site, (and datsuns), but not to nissans. Anyway, it's "uncommon" to see a sb datty. I just purchased a '76 620 to do just that. Sure it's gonna be hellacious modding, but I dont care about the power. The sound of a v-8 in a bagged and bodied 620 tickles my fancy. All in all, to each their own. "Project Rotsun" coming soon to a site near you.....