Ratsun Trailer

So I had this trailer and thought it was time to upgrade it a little bit. Started with modifying a truck utility box to sit just on the trailer:

Animals009.jpg

ratsuntrailer006.jpg

then to mount the winch:

ratsuntrailer001-1.jpg

ratsuntrailer004.jpg

then i ran into a problem I have no idea on how to hook it up it has a forward and reverse and according to Warn it should have 4 post and not 2???? this is a older Warn A2000 winch the other 2 bolt just hold on the cap

ratsuntrailer003.jpg

Iam thinking that is is a chaise ground and the top is forward and the bottom is the reverse. I really would hate to be wrong and end up frying the winch.Any input would be great!!

the winch will be power by 2 big ass battery's, After I get all the bugs worked out I might try to find a better box to put it in but this should last for a while.I will spray some rust killer on the rest of the box when it stops rainning ;)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get an Ohmmeter, and see if either post has a connection to the case. I do not think they do. If they do not, I think you just connect the winch up to the battery, positive to one terminal post, and negative to the other, and the winch either winds up, or unwinds. Reverse the battery connections, and the winch goes the other way.

You could always wait until Monday, and call Warn.

here i a down load for what looks like your winch it should help

http://www.warn.com/atv/winches/A2000.shtml

sweet how did you find that I have been all over the warn site thank you

danielC

I would get an Ohmmeter, and see if either post has a connection to the case. I do not think they do. If they do not, I think you just connect the winch up to the battery, positive to one terminal post, and negative to the other, and the winch either winds up, or unwinds. Reverse the battery connections, and the winch goes the other way.

You could always wait until Monday, and call Warn.

i will check that and i have talked with warn and that was a waste of time thank you for the input

here i a down load for what looks like your winch it should help

http://www.warn.com/atv/winches/A2000.shtml

well damn thats they same manual i had an it shows the set up for the 4 post not the 2 post and I called Warn and they sent me the same thing :angry: so I guess it will have to be trail and error :(