CLIMATE CONTROL

Braden

so i finally got around to working on my heater and fresh air system in my 620, it was all torn apart from the PO, i cleaned up all of the heater core and the heater unit and got it wired up and working but the side vents on the passenger and drivers side wont work, i guess the little trap doors are closed but i dont have a way to open them, the little rods that open and close them are gone!!!!! can anybody post a pic of yours so i can see how they go, and if you have any extra let me know asap!!!! its 12 degrees here!!!! (atleast i have good hot air on the winshield and the floor!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its soo damn easy to get it all apart, if it wasnt for the heater hoses taking 10 minutes to pull off the core i would have had the whole thing out in 5 minutes, i love how easy these are to work on, my core looked brand new, if i only had my side vents wokring it would be great

Good job on that --- it's still on my list of things to do.

If you want, I can give you a measured drawing of the rods, they can't be that hard to make.

that woul dbe good, im sure i can figure out how they attach but ther has to me some sort of little clip or piece that holds it all in place mine is obviously absent

1263588693.jpg

The side vents shown above, only allow cold outside air into the cab. If it's 12 out you want then closed. 620 heat blows out on the floor and defrost only up on the windshield. There is a flap door that closes off the room heat and forces the air up two side pipes to the defroster vents. The flap door can be set anywhere in between to supply more or less room or defrost.

There's one exception- 620s with FACTORY (not dealer-installed) A/C had the fresh air vents plugged off and the A/C system routed through the side vents. I've seen a couple that way, was pretty rare. But they didn't have the little pull rods.

I don't know why, but 2 of my trucks the prior owners yanked the pull rods clean out. I've got the one on my DD taped over with duct tape right now until I can get under there, pull the assembly, and reattach the rods. It was friggin COLD back in December.

thanks for the pics guys, i need the rods, the plastic pieces that hold the rod on the metal guide and whatever pieces that i need to attach it to the flap door, i guess since it only allows cold outside air i wont need them anytime soon, but i would atleast like to find some soon