pathfinder vg30 intake??

braveops

is any one running a pathfinder vg30 in there 510? all the ones i see are a 300zx style intake (small) like quik510`s ? will the pathfinder intake fit or does it have to be changed? i came across a pathfinder for cheap so i can have motor/ecu/wiring

did a search but cant seem to see any

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all you have seen? I actually see more maxi mani's. The variable maxi intake is the highest rated vge, even more so then the z31. I see more of the early gen manis though. The pathy is lower/est on the list and it covers like half the engine too, although it's a more torquier design I'd skip it.

From what I have seen, yes, you can run the pathfinder intake with good results as I hear they make a bit more torque than the 300ZX or 200SX units. But, I have read that they need to be shaved down to fit under the hood properly, but, I once saw one that was just put in and it seemed to have fit ok. But again, I did not see what kind of motor mounts they where running either.

www.vg30.com offers the service to cut down the manifold to fit under the hood, but, I am pretty sure any decent machine shop can shave it down for you. The material needs to be removed from the upper plenum where it meets the lower manifold.

From the www.vg30.com website:

Pathfinder Intake Plenum Modification

Modify Pathfinder Intake Plenum to clear PL510 Hood ..... $100.00

If you decide to go with stock-based, multi-port EFI on your VG and want more power the first step is to use a multi-port injected Pathfinder intake plenum. This intake is said to flow 30% better than any other stock EFI VG intake. Unfortunately this intake will not clear a stock 510 hood. We can re-machine the lower half of your intake plenum at a slight angle so the upper half will clear your hood. You will also have to re-route some plumbing on the bottom of the upper intake to gain valve cover clearance with this modification. Use of a torque-transferring upper engine mount may also be required to prevent hood damage on a high performance VG510 using this intake.

v6 intake questions

Sorry about the kinda hijack but it seems like some knowledgeable people are following this thread

I don't see many people using the stock 300zx intake I can only find one set of pictures of a twin turbo with the similar intake

So the question is why don't more people use the stock 300zx intake like I see on all the jdm motors for a 510 swap

I can't say why everyone chooses not to use them. The z31 plenum is really restrictive though unless you gut it and weld it back up. Thats why I personally wouldn't use it.

Not surre that's the intake I was thinking about this is the one I see on all the jdm motors will this one fit ok?

VG305.jpg

lmao oy vey

So few use it because so few actually have that swap. vg30e is the popular swap not the vg30de/tt.

Ok can it/has it been done it seems like they are readily available at the jdm importers.

I was under the impression the basics would be the same I just wasn't sure about the intake fitment

yes the VG30DE/TT has been done, but its not a common swap.

most of the similarity stop at "VG30". they are two different motors.

ok so my plan isn't totaly down the toilet so the mounts should be about the same? Right? and I will get one with a tranny attached so that should be all good. are there any writeups that anyone knows of I have seen a few on vg30 installs, my bad for assuming they were the same thing.

I very much want to stay away from the srdet swap to avoid the turbo and intercooler mess.