Anyone GO To PoMonA SWAP meeT?

HOOLIGAN620

Just Checking to See if any of the Local Southern California Guys Go to the Pomona Swap mEet At the Pomona Fairplex?? And if you have Is there anything out there for Datsuns?? Or is it MOstly CHevys and VWS?? Just Checking To see if its worth Goin this weekend?? NEED SUM STUFF FOR MY 620?? Maybe just better to get it off here??

Thanks ...JP

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Pomona for many years since I left San Diego in 2003. I miss the selection of parts available there and at the San Diego Swap Meet that used to be held at the Stadium on I-8 (whatever they are calling it this year). I got my Slots that are on my 520 at the San Diego meet, and I got soem bumperrettes for the 520 at Pomona (someone had bought them to put on his 56 F100, but decided to chane plans). I also Loved going to the Portland Swapmeet in the spring, which is where I picked up several slots for datsun for cheap, met Mike Klotz and his wife, and found lots of goodies for my 1932 Ford PU and my 1948 Chevy PU.

I don't get to many meets now, since I haven't heard of any in Alaska, and especially on the little Island of Kodiak, where we live now, anything old is gone due to rust, or is nicely restored and in a garage, not to many "in-betweens". I have not seen any classic datsuns, and only two old 720's that were really rough due to rust.

I wish you luck, and if your going to find anything classic, than one of the Large Swapmeets on the west coast is where you will have the best chance to find it, and sometimes they will want a mint, and other times you'll get it for a song... You never know! :cool:

I went last month for the first time and was impressed with the random stuff for sale, there would be a Coors light neon sign next to a Model A short block next to a vacuum cleaner all under the same tent. On the swap meet side it's 90% domestic 9% "foreign" and 1% Japanese,I went last month trying to find 620 parts and there were none. That being said I will be there sunday.

The lowrider display alone is worth the trip :)

I did see that cantilevered 620 from this site there for sale, seems like nobody will buy it yet, it's ALWAYS on the local CL.

• 2 years later...