rear window removal

copacetickid

You guys have any tips for removing the back window on a 620? I was just gonna head on down to NAPA and get a trim removal tool, but I thought I'd ask here first. I'm sure someone has done this before here :rolleyes:

Also, is it possible to save the trim and reuse it? I'm taking the window out because I put on a canopy (for a long road trip) and I want to put it back in come summer.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem. on the inside of the cab. take a can of wd-40 or some non long lasting lube and pull back the rubber seal around it and spray all around the rubber gasket.

then have someone on the outside and starp pulling down on the rubber gasket and pushing outward on the window. Keep pulling and folding on the rubber. It will start to push through. try to make it make it push out in a long area. once you get it going it will pop rite out.

hope that helped

peace

tc

i used 2 flat tip screw drivers one small and one big to remove and install mine with a friends helpon my 521. go very slow. i tried using the rope method to reinstall but i wasn't doing it right. the rope method works but you have to know what your doing and have a little skill unlike me. you can reuse your old gasket just make sure the condition isn't very poor with cracking and stiffness. maybe use some rubber conditioner like armorall or mcguires after you get it out. basically the back glass gasket is the only glass gasket that will stand the test of time.