pressurized oil?

hey everyone ive got a question has anyone heard of this preoiling setup for rebuilt engine supposidly you fill this canister with oil then apply airpressure and then this helps prime the engine with oil if so could you please let me know a name and who sells it thanx. now before anybody says anything yes i am a mechanic and i know about using the drill to prime the oil pump and motor but ive heard of this and want more info

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I did:

I went out and bought one of those bug/pesticide sprayers from Home Depot(The kind that you pump up and have the spray nozzle at the end of a hose).

I took the spray wand off the end, and added a brass fitting that would go into my oil pressure sending unit hole in the block. I put 4 qts of oil into the bug sprayer, and pumped it until it was empty. Engine primed, baby!

Simple to make, costs maybe $15.

Here's what I did:

I went out and bought one of those bug/pesticide sprayers from Home Depot(The kind that you pump up and have the spray nozzle at the end of a hose).

I took the spray wand off the end, and added a brass fitting that would go into my oil pressure sending unit hole in the block. I put 4 qts of oil into the bug sprayer, and pumped it until it was empty. Engine primed, baby!

Simple to make, costs maybe $15.

That's Actually Really Smart MicroMachinery ! Maybe I will do the same for my rebuilt datto/ all engines ;-)

77 rustrat , there are a lot of options if you google the terms "preoiler" there will be many different options , and I woiuld go after the setup that charges the pressurizes the engine oil gallerys at "Key On" , and they are ran by a little electric motor ! ( be warned they are very spendy ) , so do what MicroMachinery did :-)

For a newly rebuilt motor there should be lots of assembly lube on the valve train and bearing surfaces but if older and been sitting pour a can of oil over the valve train then remove the plugs and crank it over for several 20 second bursts. I've taken motors apart that have sat for years and the main and rods are dripping wet so no prob there, valve train... not as good.

http://www.pre-luber.com/index.htm

http://www.pre-luber.com/expertreviews.htm

http://www.pre-luber.com/testing.htm

TAKE NOTE: This is pseudo science at it's best. Ordinary motors run for hundreds of thousands of miles if oil and filter changes are maintained and none use these pre lubers. Of course pre oiling would seem to be a good idea but their independent research lacks any credibility at all. Engines don't lack oil on start up. There is still oil there from when it was shut down. It may lack pressure for a few seconds but it isn't turning 6,000 PRM and making any serious HP, just idling. By the time you put your clutch in and shift into gear the pressure is up.

I used an electric drill and piece of rubber hose on a spindle with the drive gear removed. The motor had not been cranked for the two years I had it and for the year and a half it sat in the wrecking yard. Using only the drill, the oil spurted out onto the valve train in only 3-4 seconds with a new half filled filter.

My pre oiler, cost... a few old parts.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/motor720preoiling9Large.jpg[/img]"]motor720preoiling9Large.jpg

Edited by datzenmike