crappy day

lancekilgore

well today was a very crappy day the engine I have in the machine shop is in bad shap or shall I say the head is. The head a W58, is cracked in two spots, and the machine shop said he wants big bucks to fix it, so I took the other head I have (model unknow) (but the intake and exhaust valves are smaller than the W58) and he said the valve seats are bad and it would cost more to fix that head than the crakcked head. So I am in a dalimma.

Looks like my dreams of a rebuilt engine are sliding away.

So here is my question I am in need of a W58 head or a A87 preferable, rebuilt is better. anyone out there can help? I can also trade many parts availble and that I have access to. the junk yard I work part time at has 520, 521, 620's.

Thanks in advance

Lance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks banzai510 I guess I will keep looking then, there is always the 80 l20b I got the webber off of in the junk yard, just hate to be disappointed with another bad junk yard head.

Remember this (parts are aplenty untill it's apart you need then they don't exist)

Lance