What kind of fuel cell should i get?

I am interested in buying a fuel cell and have been told that ATL is one of the best companies to buy one from. I found a 26 and a 32 gal fuel cell for a bit over $700. I want to have no limits with the car and have been told that certains tracks wont let you race if its not a certified cell? The car is a 4 door 69 510. Yes im looking at 26-32 gal cells because 1) i can 2) i plan on using the car as a daily and 3) The extra weight in the rear will help with weight distribution. Now im not looking to be flamed or anything im just asking for some guidance from people who have already done this, a "been there, done that" sort of thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!! :lol:

If you read the whole thing props to you!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Race safe is the only company that makes FIA approved fuel cells. FIA approval is the only acceptable one for any sort of competition. The other brands are fine so long as you don't want to track it with someone like NASA or SCCA. Even 24 hours of LeMons won't allow any other brand. I do tech inspection for them.

On a personal note, I wouldn't have any other cell then a race safe. Their construction is top notch, and fuel safety is quite serious. Fire is a VERY scary thing.