Help with wheel bearings.

patd

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The inners are not correct. I just got schooled on this, too. Do a thread search on this topic. The inners are unobtanium, NLA, etc. A correct set was just on ebay for $200 starting bid.

MKlotz70 sells a set of $20 adapters/spacers that will allow you to use 620 inner bearings. I'm not aware of any other solution if your bearings are truly fried...

No. The inners are not correct. I just got schooled on this, too. Do a thread search on this topic. The inners are unobtanium, NLA, etc. A correct set was just on ebay for $200 starting bid.

MKlotz70 sells a set of $20 adapters/spacers that will allow you to use 620 inner bearings. I'm not aware of any other solution if your bearings are truly fried...

That is what I needed to know, thanks, I will return the inners or get the spacers if he has any left. At least the outters are right, Thanks again for the info.:)

In my 'no' answer above, I was referring to the listing at Rock Auto. I just looked up a couple of numbers, and I may have been mistaken about the PN's you listed. If the parts you have were ordered online, then it's very likely they are wrong. If these are NSK parts you've had around or ordered years ago, they might be right. I don't recognize the PN's.

Maybe look for a cross reference on the NSK bearings to be sure?

Edited by nukeday
that part number may be correct. there was a heavy duty version of the 32kb02 that started with a hr. mklotz is the one to ask.

I am hoping it is the right one. I purchased my parts from IMC parts and the bearings were under the parts section for the 1971 datsun 521 truck, I checked again last night on there online site and the same part number is used on the 1973 truck, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed until I can contact mklotz. Thanks for the info:blink:

I am hoping it is the right one. I purchased my parts from IMC parts and the bearings were under the parts section for the 1971 datsun 521 truck, I checked again last night on there online site and the same part number is used on the 1973 truck, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed until I can contact mklotz. Thanks for the info:blink:

These bearings have been really difficult to find, but that doesn't mean you don't have the right ones. PLEASE let us know what you learn from Mike. The real test will be when they are installed. '73 was the 620 series, last 521 in '72, so I'm suspicious...

Hey guys, I am reading on hear that wheel bearings are hard to find. I have a set of NSK inner and outter bearings P/N HR30304BJ and HR30208J will these work on my 71' 521? Thanks for any help

:confused:

if ever in doubt use the old dial caliper method, it will get you close

I have a set of the bearings you need..

New in the Box.. took me 6 months of looking and found 2 sets in australia

Bought both of them,

FBJ brand 32KB02..

imagedx.jpg

They are for sale

Edited by tangent