New with a '67 520 project

Jizital

I had intermitent blinkers (I thought that feature was for wipers!) and I could NOT chase down the issue. I tried all the same things you checked. When the issue switched from the left rear to the right rear, I knew I was on to something but damned if I knew what that something was.

It was a ground. The actual sockets that the light bulbs are in needed to be grounded. I assume this is because I had a bad main ground somewhere. Instead of chasing it, i ran a ground to the frame from each rear blinker. Hope this helps, good luck.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New brake master cylinder, rear brake hose, coil, plug wires.

After the brake stuff was done i went to bleed the brakes. Rear passenger side bleed valve snapped right off and then as i was unhooking the brake line to take that connector off the wheel cylinder, the hard brake lines are so old and rusted they snapped.

No one has the wheel cylinder with the connector so i have to wait for it to come in the mail.

• 3 months later...

Little update.

Havent really had much time to work on it due to work and a 5 month old baby so i had it brought to a buddies shop. Had him put on some new kyb shocks i bought, had the fuel tank cleaned because it had some junk it in, rebuild the carb, and it turns out the truck had all newer brake parts on it but it sat right after they were put on and the front right wheel cylinder was locked up.

100_1719.jpg

100_1720.jpg

100_1721.jpg

100_1722.jpg

100_1723.jpg

100_1741.jpg

100_1740.jpg

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

does look good. What shocks are those, I saw where you said they were KYB, but how did you know they would fit? Did you take it to a suspension shop or just measure and order?

does look good. What shocks are those, I saw where you said they were KYB, but how did you know they would fit? Did you take it to a suspension shop or just measure and order?

nvrmnd -- Rockauto.com and I'm quickly sorted out... 

Haha yea i ordered them from rock auto, thats where i have been getting most of the parts other than NOS parts im getting off ebay.

Just got a NOS fuse block from hong kong to replace the old crapped out one in the truck now.

I also have some plastic Datsun 1300 emblems that dont fit on the truck if anyone knows what they will fit and wants them.

• 2 weeks later...

had everything done and ready to drive and then the ignition went bad. buddy has been waiting on parts for the ignition because the truck wouldnt start without a ghetto jump. parts finally came yesterday and he installed them and then the truck wouldnt start without a push start. now the starter is bad and i ordered one today so once that comes in hopefully i can start doing some cleanup work and drive it a little.