521 zombie build thread

1sad521

I've been lurking around throwin my 2 cents around everywhere so i figured i start my build log, show ya what im workin with. been gettin plenty of ideas and great advice on here and infamous nissan! And ya never know this thing may end at the house of hack.... i mean McClary's Metalworks before its over WARNING: its gonna be a slow go but ill do my best to keep it updated.

FUTURE PLANS: bagged with miata subframes for some IRS, maybe a rotory maybe a Z24 with sidedrafts hell could end up with a 302--havent decided on engine, stock floor BD combined with a couple inches of traditional to lay door instead of sectioning the bed, if i can come across an old school dash then yeah ill with it but probably jus shave the stocker, maybe bomber seats

ok enough of the rambling novel heres a few pics

when i found her

thedatsun4.jpg

on the way home. had to leave it and put the ford on the trailer and come back for the datsun

hardluckofthemonth2.jpg

got the engine out(never fully figured out what it was)

datsunmotorless.jpg

tearin the interior apart

datsundashless.jpg

primered the dash to stop rust hopefully

primereddash.jpg

got the grille off. you can see where it got fucked up

datsungrille1.jpg

see?

datsungrille.jpg

wasps in the light bucket

datsunheadlightbucket.jpg

had to get help with the fender

datsunfenderhelp.jpg

cuz of this

datsunfenderbolt.jpg

tree fell on it and did some damage! plus all the rust

datsuninnerfender.jpg

thats about it for now. im away from school till jan so i hope to get more done but then itll probably be nothing for a while

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the trans tunnel?

well it was pretty fucked when i got it. i think someone botched an engine/tranny transplant. appearantly tryin to put a yota in there according to 'sperts on this site:p and then i figured i needed some room to fool with the torsion bars so i opened her up a lil more.

dont know if you can see how bad the floors are plus the plans of BD so im gonna have to replace most of it..... so i said fuck it

a lil bit done today. most of this week ill probably be workin on the daily. PS pump went out:mad:

so i did a lil bit of primering to try to stop the cancer from spreading

datsunprimeredinnerfender.jpg

been workin on cleanin all that plastic rubber trim whatever crap off the top of the dash. mine was cracked to hell

datsundash-1.jpg

found this bit of rust. not so much on the other end and jus surface through the middle

datsundashpitted-1.jpg

tried with these tools

datsundashtools.jpg

but i couldnt help myself. i had to grab the power tools :D

datsundashpower.jpg

oh yeah are these the OG horns? if they are then ill throw your way for a couple of bucks

datsunhorn.jpg

datsunhorn-1.jpg

just a look at the night time/rainy day project

compaqproject1.jpg

HOLY RUST! you gotta go rat rod with that kinda rust! and get yourself a v8 for that baby!

thats what im afraid of. i would love to have something super clean and kinda JDM like say what madness has:rolleyes:

bad thing is- i have a ford 302 layin around lookin for a victim and ive actually started a lil bit of measuring:mellow:

Wow you have your work cut out for ya .

I bought my first 521 and it was too rusty to be worth fixing ,so I went a got another

so the one in your build thread must be the new one cuz it looks pretty damn clean except for the surface rust on the bed

• 1 month later...

so this would be my early christmas present that ive barely been able to put to use

christmaspresent.jpg

if you look a few pics back to the one with my girl helpin me then you can see how bad this fender started off....... so i got to swingin on it and got a lil carried away....

fenderwork-1.jpg

fenderwork.jpg

so i got back to it with a lil more care this time...... so this is what i came up with by the time the semester started. now i propbably wont have the time to do much with it for a while. that plus the fact that it still hasnt gotten moved and it will be a while before i makes it back into my back yard

fenderwork1.jpg

fenderwork2.jpg

fenderwork3.jpg

and as an aside i just thought id share with ya'll that i almost won first prize at the tacky christmas sweater party i attended...... im the big guy

tackysweater.jpg

• 1 month later...

this is soooo close to what i was thinkin for my project!

DatsunBackwoods.jpg

a bad photoshop that i did a while back

datsunrender.jpg

wish i could figure out how to do wheels the right way so i could do some shopping..

this has been one hell of a semester and the datsun isnt sitting at my house anymore since i moved so no progress, just tossing out ideas