Project Bullets INC. Revealed

77 rustrat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have You guys seen how I used pieces of bamboo for Choptanas inside "armrests"? Get some large shell casings and mount them the same way.

i havent! where i find those pics?!

these ideas are flyin all over the place! definitely keepin up with this one.

what about goin really modern military and riggin up a HUD instead of gauges?:cool:

There's gotta be an Army/Navy surplus place somewhere near you. I figured every medium-sized town has one. Just go see what you can find.

Another cool idea (and useful) is to make a toneau cover grid for the bed out of that OD nylon flat webstrap that you see the Air Force use to secure loads. I'll see if I can find a picture.... hang on... googling.

YES! My google-fu is strong.

050901-F-8968M-002.jpg

Speaking of which, Skib where are the pics of the finished yota streetfighter?:fu:

You should do a thread about that car with the stencil shots and everything!

he sold it!

it didnt get the pin up girl, kill flags, red wheels, or the red stripe :( so I feal bad starting a thread when Ill never get finished pics

Ill drop some pics in here for inspiration tho :D

the helpers taping off the car :D

PA010025.jpg

PA010028.jpg

getting started

PA020030.jpg

PA020025.jpg

PA020026.jpg

Flying tiger graphic I used

flytiger.jpg

stencil cutting (black layer for the tiger)

PA020032.jpg

laying out the stencil (forgot to grab a pic of the first white layer)

PA020033.jpg

PA020034.jpg

PA020035.jpg

PA020037.jpg

and the rest

PA030045.jpg

PA030046.jpg

PA030047.jpg

PA030049.jpg

PA030051.jpg

I had some more pics with both sides done but Im not sure where they went :(

"About 2 months ago, there was a featured car in one of the hot rod rags, sorry, don't remember the title, that was all done up in a period WWII aviation theme. It used actual bomber seats (basically folded up sheet aluminum), a whole butt-load of functional vintage airplane gauges (including a pitot tube airspeed indicator, which is IMHO, insanely cool) and tons of details I don't recall. The finish was bare brushed steel, it was badaz."

You mean this Mazda? I win!

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/features/mazda/0601mt_custom_1990_mazda_b2200/index.html

0601mt_09_z+1990_mazda_b2200+overhead_drivers_side_view.jpg

0601mt_04_z+1990_mazda_b2200+custom_interior_dashboard.jpg

SICK. If you get anywhere near this I'll be impressed. It'll take a lot of time, creativity and patience though.

alright well im am going to try and clear out a place for the dat this week and get it in the shop and start fixing the rust and pulling unneeded stuff off. i also googled artillary shells and found the one i am going to use as an overflow tank. i was also thinking about getting a few extra to mount in the bed to act like there being transported but not sure how to make it look right without being gaudy. i know one can be used as an airtank for some airhorns but it would be nise to figure out uses for two more then i would just mount the three of them in the bed maybe on a crate strapped down or something. but definately digging the cargo net for a toneu cover dilio. would artillary shells look to gaudy as bumperettes. anyways thats my update tell me what you think.

dilio. would artillary shells look to gaudy as bumperettes. anyways thats my update tell me what you think.

Now you are thinking man. But to we'll have to see it to know if it works. I've seen a few 620s with bumperettes, and thought it looked pretty cool.

If it wee a 521, I'd think about using them as bumperguards!