Project Bullets INC. Revealed

77 rustrat

f1...BulletsINC.jpg

alright now im sure by now everyone has seen this image created by FISCH. well after seeing the image and not having a plan for my truck i asked fisch if he minded if i use this image as rendering to build my truck. and he agreed. so now we discussed alot of what will go into this build and i have decided that i am going to do the outside identical to his drawing. now the only thing left to decided is the details and that is where i need everyones help. now we have decided that the color is going to be the same as what is on icehouses truck if anyone know the paint code for. also the interior. know me and fisch think it will be cool to put either a bullet( maybe a 50 cal.) or a gun for the interior and maybe some oe plaid interior if anyone can help me in finding the name of the material. so i need some more ideas like steering wheel, seats(i was thing maybe bomber seats) interior color, stuff like that. i would greatly appretiate it. and i wont be bagging it it will be static dropped. and also the side pipes if anyone knows where some are. also the spoiler that is hanging of the front??? and a jap license plate???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hit the army surplus store :D

get some olive drab material from some pup tents or something for the interior

hit up some online surplus sites to find some 20mm cannon shells and braise up the open end to use it as an over flow tank.

a batt. box made from some cut up ammo cans would be sick.

ect. :cool:

just google for the jap plates and side pipes and browse surplus websites for more ideas

Welcome and good luck with Your project! I sell both types of spoilers as well as airdams. Look in the FOR SALE section for photos and prices.

What type of sidepipes are You wanting? I found a set of vintage 4 into 1's on ebay that I had been looking for. There are sets on there most of the time. The smaller "lake pipe" or lowrider pipes can be found on ratrod sites.

Try looking at magazines such as Ol' Skool Rods, Traditional Rod & Kulture, Rebel Rods and Car Kulture Deluxe. Look in their ads.

Hope that helps!

cherry bomb made some sweet side pipes they had on one of there projects just a big red side pipe its was sick lol and how bout a 50 cal bullet laid down facing forward for the hood ornament you should also get one of the pinup girls they painted on there planes on your dash somewhere far as interior color goes i like tan, with an olive drab exterior. my brother has it on his truck and it turned out looking damn sharp

l_14974c5b7f7f4af4a916fd97ea01c479.jpg

l_51b28b074b9ee510bc419a00b2fc176e.jpg

its to bad your not in the NW, Id come give ya a hand.

I did the 510 street fighter on an AE86

yeah i know i wish i lived out there. there are so many of yall out there and there is no body out here. "its cold, im all alone" lol. but anyways do you have any pics of your ae86. that is one of my dream cars

cherry bomb made some sweet side pipes they had on one of there projects just a big red side pipe its was sick lol and how bout a 50 cal bullet laid down facing forward for the hood ornament you should also get one of the pinup girls they painted on there planes on your dash somewhere far as interior color goes i like tan, with an olive drab exterior. my brother has it on his truck and it turned out looking damn sharp

l_14974c5b7f7f4af4a916fd97ea01c479.jpg

l_51b28b074b9ee510bc419a00b2fc176e.jpg

hey nice truck but me and fisch were thinking about the plaid that was put in some of the rarer 620s back in the day

About 2 months ago, there was a featured car in one of the hot rod rags, sorry, don't remember the title, that was all done up in a period WWII aviation theme. It used actual bomber seats (basically folded up sheet aluminum), a whole butt-load of functional vintage airplane gauges (including a pitot tube airspeed indicator, which is IMHO, insanely cool) and tons of details I don't recall. The finish was bare brushed steel, it was badaz.

The 20mm shell casing would be a perfect shifter knob, but way too small for an overflow tank - it's smaller than the smallest RedBull can. Maybe some kind of artillery shell would be good for that.

You could do the interior panels (door and kick) with "machine-turned" or "engine-turned" aluminum. That's what they put on early aircraft - you've probably seen it on Lindbergh's "Spirit of America" plane. It's pretty easy to do if you have or have access to a drill press. Basically, you chuck a wooden dowel with an absolutely flat end into the drill press, put a dab of fine valve grinding paste on it, and touch the dowel to the aluminum. Then, you advance to the next spot and do it again -- you have to pre-plan, maybe even mark out the pattern before hand, so it looks even. It's not hard, but is *very* time consuming. Here's a pic:

1392012-medium.jpg

I think maybe you should do a different type of aircraft if you want to go that way. The WWII bomber look is way overdone and getting rather repetetive.

Why not do something that sticks to the roots of the car, something more "Traditional" for it.

Like a Japanese Zero!

zero.jpg

Lots of nice bright colors and no goofy nose art!

Or, you can get a bit more modern and do something newer, like a Vietnam era OV-10 Bronco!

Ov10From2oClock.jpg

But please, lets give the Bomber look a rest. And don't do the bomber seat thing!! Way, way overdone!! Shit, even Speedway is selling ready made bomber seats!!

And don't ge me started on the oversize painted rivtes! :rolleyes:

well those are good ideas but the outside of the truck is already determined im just basically looking for interior ideas and detail ideas like the aritillary sheel for the overflow things like that

I was thinking the bullet shells would be a great idea for the interior and exterior door handles !

It could be done you just got to find a shell that is around the size of the stock door handle indention and figure it out from there . Or take a rifle clip that fits nice and put a shell in it and make that the exterior handle , now that would be sweet !

yeah now thatwould be cool put like three bullets on the clip and spot weld them together and that would be the handle maybe something like ar15 rounds or something

yeah now thatwould be cool put like three bullets on the clip and spot weld them together and that would be the handle maybe something like ar15 rounds or something

Now you are being creative , and if you could figure out how to incorporate this in to the build :lol:

z1fo4.jpg

I can see the paper now.. ' Local man killed while trying to weld bullets together' Make sure there's no firing pin or powder in them.:eek:

I love the idea for the truck,though. pics!