okay just out of curiousity

Thebandito

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a similar thread that was posted a couple weeks back. Did you put the motor mounts on backwards? This will shift the entire assembly forward. Key clue if you did would be that the tranny was a pain to get mounted since it was too far forward. If you go electric you can save a few HP and get better cooling. Check into http://www.flex-a-lite.com/

I have a L20B in my '71 521 with no clearance issues... I don't think there would be issues even with a clutched fan.

The only issue that should come up is clearances for a... different... carburetor (think short airfilter). :fu:

Double check where and how you mounted it. I believe 79D50 nailed it with the tranny mounting...

Edited by mnementh666
I'm retarded. Forgot a word.
I have a L20B in my '71 521 with no clearance issues... I don't think there would be issues even with a clutched fan.

The only issue that should come up is clearances for a... different... carburetor (think short airfilter). :fu:

Double check where and how you mounted it. I believe 79D50 nailed it with the tranny mounting...

I,ve got an L20B in my 71 as well no clutch fan and it sits just right. I have to put a rag on top of my air cleaner to keep it from touching the hood.