Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonite was the big night. I decided to see IF these 305/70/16s I had acquired were going to fit on the 4Runner after all. After reading and reading and literally the most bad luck I have ever had on fixing up a set of "junkyard rims" Everything went smoothly Finally!!

I got these Tires from my boss, in exchange for "Chinese Food"

I bought the Rims (because they were, 16s and the right bolt pattern) because they were the only 16's I could find. I Overpaid there. But not alot of Japanese style rims in 16" (All 15") Unless you wanted to go with the Chevy Silverado ones that kept coming up. These were stock on Tacoma at one point.

Then I sandblasted them, that went fine, but I went through 2 cans of Wheel paint before I could get anything to stick! Never had this problem before. I called Duplicolor, and they recommended the Wax and Grease Remover. That did the trick. Bottle is 1 litre and I used half for the four wheels. I literally just doused them in the shit.

Then I had them painted all nice, took them to Canadian Tire to get tires mounted and balanced. They called and said they mounted them, but could not Balance them because they were "aftermarket". Which is Bullshit. After talking to the Tech. I fucking hate Service Writers sorry. But i'm and ex-car Salesman and they hate us too. :) Anyway they basically didn't have the correct cone for the contour of the rims to use the machine properly. They only charged me 24$ for a mount. So I took them to Value Tire. Started out good, but they were just absolutely unheard-of-ly dicks when I went to pickup. I said Hi, i'm Tyler and I have some wheels to pickup. They are wheels and tires 305s, on grey 16" rims. He refused to look up my phone number and just said nope, nope, not here we don't have any loose wheels kicking around...so AGAIN after going to talk to the Tech I got my wheels, he knew who I was right away and helped me load them in the truck. Not Value Tire's fault, but Fucking CT mounted one of the tires, with Water inside between the tire and the rim???? Like I have done soo many wheels, never had this much shit happen. They repaired at a charge of course. Don't worry I'm going to CT to yell tomorrow. :)

Radio

nbw1.jpg

nbw2.jpg

nbw3.jpg

nbw4.jpg

nbw5.jpg

nbw6.jpg

nbw7.jpg

nbw8.jpg

nbw9.jpg

nbw10.jpg

nbw11.jpg

nbw12.jpg

nbw13.jpg

nbw14.jpg

nbw15.jpg

Yeah it is!

Just for you She said.

Holy crap those things are huge. Does it feel gutless now?

It actually only feels Taller. It was always, Gutless, Tippy and Strange. It is A TOYOTA!

Its a Flip.

This isn't the PNW where the endless supply of street Datsuns are avail. Anytime I can do up a Datsun I would prefer to.

Radio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...