1981 Datsun 210 Project.

81datsun

Hey i am new to the Datsun scene, I recently picked up a 1981 Datsun 210 for $100.00. Iam planing on driving it threw the winter and gradually collect parts for the summer tare down. I am 19 years old and working part time so it aint going to happen over night lol. I am also helping raise a 2 year old girl, so not a lot of spare money.

This is a picture of the car the day i picked it up.

tannersjunk021.jpg

This is just a front shot of it. The only dents are on the drivers side.

tannersjunk024.jpg

Here is a picture of the passenger side. Bought a cheap set of alum. slots. The other ones were juss rusty

tannersjunk026.jpg

Heres an ass shot.

tannersjunk023.jpg

and the engine bay. Pretty dirty but it runs.

tannersjunk027.jpg

my plans throughtout the winter and next summer will be to get an 12a rotary motor, fix rust, dents, and paint.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah i dont like the bumpers either. but i will keep em juss for the winter because of the drivers up here. Well i got the car on the road after replacing the starter, rotor, wires, plugs, new oil, rad. flush and new fluids, balanced all the wheels. and did a quick floor patch for the winter so i dont have a pile of snow between my feet. Is their anywhere i can purchase some floor pans or some that will work? Also will any other bumpers work on this car with lil modifacation?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i started driving the datsun. It is winter here but i get around pretty good ,only problems is that it wont heat up at all the motor wont and my alternator went out. so i dont have a car to drive till the weekend. When i can get it into the shop. Because i took the alternator off today and it was like -20 out so i dont think i will work on it outside ne more.

Edited by 81datsun

Stick some cardboard in front of the rad for a quick fix. Leave a hand sized opening in it and take care if idling for a long time. When you get better weather change the thermostat. Don't even waste your time testing it just get a good $12 one and new gasket.

Hey yah i got a new alternator that cost like $55.00 and a new thermastat. Me and lil89ram50 put in this past weekend. And i found out why my temp. gauge wasnt working, the wire was broke at the end so that also got fixed. I also got all my bumper ends put back on, and my interior put all back together.

Edited by 81datsun
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey a lil update i picked up a set of western minilite 14x5.5 for 20 bucks. Also i was wondering what would be a good swap for my 210, It dont have to be the fastest,I juss want sumthing to do the speed limit on the highway. Any help would be great.

Have fun with it. I've owned three of them just like your picture (2-door B310 sedans).

But now I have the smaller Datsun, the B110. It has a top speed of 90mph from 1171cc A12, which is smaller than the 1237cc of the A12A. Anyways, cruises at 75mph on I-5 just fine.