L20b carb question.

_A2_

I'm too bloated with turkey to search this question.

I'm currently running a weber 32/36.

Could I expect any thing performance wise or MPG wise from mounting these on my L20b?

Price seems good from what I've seen?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1479255070.html

Happy thanksgiving ya datheads.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poorer gas mileage, a bit more power at top end, slight bog at low speeds and when cold. Worth $500 for that?

If you were to have or add a higher lift and longer duration cam, and a lower restriction exhaust you would increase gas consumption, way more power mid and high end with even poorer low speed drive ability.

Depends what you are willing to live with. A very mild cam with stock carb and a low restriction muffler will wake up the L20B yet keep it drive able. Maybe start there and see how you like it.

Depends what you are willing to live with. A very mild cam with stock carb and a low restriction muffler will wake up the L20B yet keep it drive able. Maybe start there and see how you like it.

Hey Mike,

You saying the Hitachi with a mild cam? I am thinking of switching back to Hitachi after not being overly impressed with the Weber...

The Weber is okay if set right. Almost as good mileage, slightly better performance if replacing a new or good Hitachi, moderately better to WOW performance if replacing a totally worn Hitachi. (which is usually the case) If you have a good running or new Hitachi the gain isn't worth $250. If your Hitachi is punched and are thinking of a new one then think about a new Weber. But for that money get one that matches the Hitachi, and this means an electric choke and an idle cut solenoid. If you are thinking of a bit more cam you will get more go with a larger 32/36 than the Hitachi.

The Weber is okay if set right. Almost as good mileage, slightly better performance if replacing a new or good Hitachi, moderately better to WOW performance if replacing a totally worn Hitachi. (which is usually the case) If you have a good running or new Hitachi the gain isn't worth $250. If your Hitachi is punched and are thinking of a new one then think about a new Weber. But for that money get one that matches the Hitachi, and this means an electric choke and an idle cut solenoid. If you are thinking of a bit more cam you will get more go with a larger 32/36 than the Hitachi.

Would a rebuilt hitachi be as good as new? Or are they not that rebuilable?