my first datsun

the first datsun i got was a 320 it had been a farm truck in california its whole life then moved to colton to live out its life as a truck to go pick up firewood. well i came across this truck after it had been sitting, for about 5 years i think. it was family friends and they said i could have it if i helped them move a bath tub and if i could get it out of there. turns out the brakes were froze and the transmission was gone, didnt even make me flinch. when it broke down in the yard instead of moving to somewhere they could get rid of it they just built a shed around it and called it good lol when i showed up with the trailer we realized there was no way to get the trailer right behind it infact it had to be moved out and turned 90 degrees to even get close to getting on the trailer so with a gas tank hooked to the carb a doner battery some thrust starting fluid and high hopes it started and ran good enough to get it into the only working gear reverse. when the power tire broke free of the rusted brakes it dragged the other three along with it far enough to be clear of the shed and ready for step 2. the next step involed 3 of us bouncing the rear end and 2 of us pushing from the side in order to turn it 90 degrees to "line up" with the trailer lol. i had a video of this happening but i lost that phone so that sucked after a long time with a come-along it was finnaly on the trailer. drove to our shop. now i have a datun that doesnt roll on a u haul trailer and no real good way of getting it off. so what would a person do in a situation like that. well what i did was use what chain i could find and a "sturdy" light poll abd just drive the trailer out from undernieth it. told my buddies helping me to yell at me if it was going to fall off the ramps and went. then i heard a loud crash,

3201.jpg

it fell off the ramp and was bottomed out on the trailer so any more driving would cause further damage, we saw a spare wheel and tire picked up the stuck front end put it on the tire and continued to drive out very smoothly at this point. with that done took back the trailer and went home. next day i get a call from my brother asking y there is a flexed out 320 on a tire in front of the shop.

320.jpg

i told him the story and without questioning one bit said when are we starting on it lol ive loved datsuns ever since

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...