D21 heater core and light issue.

HRH

Hey all,

Don't worry, it's not my D21....yet. Going to address a few things so as not to be a thread whore.

1. Has anyone done a heater core in an 87ish hardbody with square dash? How bad was it?

2. Does anyone else have an issue of the left front headlight not turning on for a second after the lights are on and then switched to brights? Funny thing was the guy I'm doing the heater core for mentioned the problem and I hadn't even noticed my truck was doing the exact same thing. Thinking switch, not sure yet, but haven't invested that much time.

3. If you didn't see the thread in events, Spokane ORV Park tomorrow (Sunday 22nd) at 12 o' dethclock! Bunch of us are going wheelin', would love to have some more Datsun 4x4s show up. Mostly Jeeps just now and my bitchin' Gracie II. :D I'll show those pussy Jeeps up! (Except most of them are rocking 37s or better. :eek:)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

1. Has anyone done a heater core in an 87ish hardbody with square dash? How bad was it?

i recently done one at work (thursday) it was not that bad but still a pita the whole entire dash had to come out only because one bolt holding the heater box to the fire wall was covered by the ducts and ya cant take the screws holding duct work out until ya remove the dash. if ya take ya time and be carefull its not that bad and nothing will crack/break but ya may need a helping hand lifting the dash over the steering wheel.

I did a core in my '87 Hardbody and it wasn't too bad, I actually put in a core from a new one and it rocks. Call me Matt if you still have my number and I'll walk you through the whole thing. (I actually did mine without removing the dash)

On the light issue, yep it's the switch, and very common, you can take it all apart and clean it, (and it will work for a while), but if you can get one cheap through your work, go that route. I just replaces my second one in my truck a few weeks ago. (3 minutes tops, lol)

Edited by Creepy Cruiser

I've got a late 80's Hardbody truck - much like a D21. The dash plastic is very brittle / soft. Apply any force around the clusters or air vents and they will crack. Used dash parts are hard to find - they get cracked during removal in the scrap yard. New costs big $. Work carefully...

Hey all,

Don't worry, it's not my D21....yet. Going to address a few things so as not to be a thread whore.

2. Does anyone else have an issue of the left front headlight not turning on for a second after the lights are on and then switched to brights? Funny thing was the guy I'm doing the heater core for mentioned the problem and I hadn't even noticed my truck was doing the exact same thing. Thinking switch, not sure yet, but haven't invested that much time.

3. If you didn't see the thread in events, Spokane ORV Park tomorrow (Sunday 22nd) at 12 o' dethclock! Bunch of us are going wheelin', would love to have some more Datsun 4x4s show up. Mostly Jeeps just now and my bitchin' Gracie II. :D I'll show those pussy Jeeps up! (Except most of them are rocking 37s or better. :eek:)

now ive never done a heater core but im assuming it might hurt a little bit, not to pleasant at all i would suspect:D