How many different size tranny forks are out there?

bigjoe619

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Text corrected:

F4W63 tranny with A type shifter from a 510s, 521s with L16s, up to '72 240z, had the hole on the clutch arm and adjustable push rod. As for different clutch arms, at least 4.

Edited by datzenmike

The F4W71B and FS5W71B arms are the same and shorter overall than the stock 510 F4W63 arm with hole in it I think.

Pretty sure the arm pictured is for use with the 'A' type shifter tranny 'like' the stock 510.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Tranny/transclutchforks.jpg[/img]"]transclutchforks.jpg

As long as the fulcrum point and push rod point are the same distance apart it should work.

Edited by datzenmike

Not to hijack thread or anything, but it is related, Ive got a dogleg out of a 77 200sx, it has the early adjustable clutch fork from the 510, the clutch engages and shifts fine but the pedal has a very short action... about 3/4 to one inch (maybe more, but thats how it feels...) It would make sense that the shorter arm (204mm vs 225mm) would cause this.

I may also have a mismatched slave cylinder to master cylinder also, Ive got the bigger one (15/16ths vs 7/8)

It still works fine, just feels a bit odd at first. I like the feel of the factory clutch throw on my 620 with the non adjustable fork (everything as it should be) alot better... In the 510 Ive gotten unintentional compression scratches when down shifting, and its easier to stall/spin tires if not paying attention. It works but it could quickly become an annoyance and possibly a danger on slick/icy road surfaces...

I dont know if this helps you out any, but it is possible to mix and match, but youll be happier with a correct setup...