installing ka24

chiquapen

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate KA's they are cheaply made and have too many b/s vacume hoses i despise the single roller timimg chains. this was the first ka i have ever worked on. it came in the shop with two hundred and ten thousand miles with no oil pressure and raytteling the slack side timing chain was broken and just flopping around and the chain had eaten som of the front cover away. well i put a new timing set in started it up and wouldnt ya know it i hear a rod knock:eek:so out comes the engine tear it all apart so around 4:30 on friday the new crank,connecting rods,pistons,rings and gaskets shows. up get to work an monday morning and start assembly. sometime around 2:00 we fire it up turns over twice and starts no leaks or nothing just had to adjust the disty a little bit and plug up the temp sending unit that my dumbass forgot to hook up. all in all it went pretty well and ran great. the boss mans son said he wish they all could be like that starting from scratch and everything is good to go on the first try

:lol::lol::lol: hey dear i just noticed in one of those pics that you posted is the preacher man who dropped off his car to get fixed that was passing gas on you:lol::lol::lol: oh and btw thanks for the help working the engine hoist and floor jack and handing me tools and cleaning them up for me that was great!!! thanks:)

it came in the shop with two hundred and ten thousand miles with no oil pressure and raytteling the slack side timing chain was broken and just flopping around and the chain had eaten som of the front cover away.

all in all it went pretty well and ran great. the boss mans son said he wish they all could be like that starting from scratch and everything is good to go on the first try

drove in w/o oil pressure and a simple rebuild drove it away?

sounds decent to me :D

drove in w/o oil pressure and a simple rebuild drove it away?

sounds decent to me :D

that pretty much sums it up it worked on it about 3 days. just few hours the first day about 45 mins the second day and around 5 hours the last day. customer left very happy with the job after he got back from his test drive but i do not think he was happy with his bill $$$$:D

ungrateful *(&%*&$*&^% :lol:

3 days???

gotta try that with mine (Z24 bottom) :mellow:

yeah 3 days and that was too long tieing up my floor space and my lift beings we can only fit 5 cars in the shop and only have 2 lifts but cant blame it on me this time cause i was wating on parts