L320 guys

oldsklminitrk

I got a question...this 320 I bought has been converted to a 12 volt system not the old 6volt positive ground.Well my fuel tank sender is disconected and I cant tell how much fuel I got in the tank.Is there a way to make the old sending unit work or what do I need to do to upgrade it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually a 12 volt positive ground system. The fuel gauge worked in my L320 whether it was hooked up to positive or negative.(I went back to positive ground) I'm guessing it might be another issue. Try pulling your sender unit in the tank out and clean the contacts. Sometimes fuel will corrode on the unit where the arm moves inside of the tank. Luckily 320s have an access panel in the bed to get at the unit instead of dropping the tank.

It's actually a 12 volt positive ground system. The fuel gauge worked in my L320 whether it was hooked up to positive or negative.(I went back to positive ground) I'm guessing it might be another issue. Try pulling your sender unit in the tank out and clean the contacts. Sometimes fuel will corrode on the unit where the arm moves inside of the tank. Luckily 320s have an access panel in the bed to get at the unit instead of dropping the tank.

Well it wasn't connected.He cut the wire when he upgraded it to a alternator.I was just wondering before I connect it all back together would it work.Since it was a 6volt system.