Screwy search rules

Hello - I know that I am new here and all but...

Since I am new I have been searching to see if there have been previous posts before I repeated someone else's efforts. I keep getting error messages when I search such as word lengths being too short and such.

I have had better luck using google to search and have found some of the ratsun forum posts that way.

Case in point - J13 5 speed - turns up nothing here but if I do it in google I get the thread titled "5 Speed for a J 13"

http://www.forum.ratsun.net/archive/index.php?t-1158.html.

If I put "5 Speed for a J 13" in the ratsun search I cannot find the thread and I get this error message.

The search term you specified (5) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

If I were to put the request in quotes then it appears but I won't be shown similar threads.

Is there some better way that I should be using the forum search feature? I know the info is here I just gotta figure out how to dig it out!

Thanks

1hr40

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Google and put in: J 13 5 speed ratsun , and also got the 620 resource, If I take out ratsun and put in datsun I got all above plus Oz dat, 1200 club,demonic dat,Z car,NWDE ... on and on. You have to wade through the stuff burt you cant beat the Google search engines. Try Datsun first or change a few words around.