Anybody recognize these companies?

MicroMachinery

I'm still trying to decide on the route to go as far as rebuilding my KA24DE. I've found this re-ring kit on ebay, and the bearing suppliers are "King Bearings" and "ACL". I've usually used clevite bearings in rebuilding engines, and that's going through Napa. The Rings are "Nippon" brand, and I know that's made in Japan. I don't want to just use ANY product on my engine. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have torn it down to rebuild in the first place.

Has anybody ever done business with Mizumo Auto Parts? Here's the item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-94-2-4-Liter-Nissan-240SX-KA24DE-DOHC-Re-Ring-Kit_W0QQitemZ260313074359QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3c9bde4ab7

Thanks for the input.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i dont know if you trust ebay stuff but the key is you get what you pay for... acl and king bearings are decent bearings but for an engine that you are going to drive or beat up on you might want something thats going to hold up what your going to throw at it try these guys i have personally used there stuff since i can even remember it is http://www.flatlanderracing.com import performance parts they are on flatlanders page good product good warranty great customer service i received a kit from them and a piston ring hed cracked and was broken so i needed a new set and they sent me a complete new kit and did not want any more money and i got to keep the original engine kit good people and a very good price give them a try

ERIC.:)

or call up Nissan

parts store ftw dont go to nissan you will pay out the ass for the same damn part when i was doing my timing chain and head gasket they wanted $600 when the parts house wanted $127 not worth the extra mark up just to have the nissan oem part imho

hi i dont know if you trust ebay stuff but the key is you get what you pay for... acl and king bearings are decent bearings but for an engine that you are going to drive or beat up on you might want something thats going to hold up what your going to throw at it try these guys i have personally used there stuff since i can even remember it is http://www.flatlanderracing.com import performance parts they are on flatlanders page good product good warranty great customer service i received a kit from them and a piston ring hed cracked and was broken so i needed a new set and they sent me a complete new kit and did not want any more money and i got to keep the original engine kit good people and a very good price give them a try

ERIC.:)

i think that parts are alot like tools. There are cheaper ones that get the job done, they usually fit and if they break, you can always take them back or just throw them away. BUT - who wants to take them back? When are they going to break? Where are they going to break? How badly are you willing to be inconvenienced? i'm not too keen on having a wrench or a piston ring break during the installation, i won't be in any mood to get cleaned up, get in the car drive to the store and try to tell the tool behind the counter its the crappy part or tool that broke and its not my fault. or even call the supplier in another state/country, wait for the parts, put everything away, miss the event i was planning on going to, etc... i just want to do what i want to do, in my own time and do the best job i can without worrying about shit parts or tools.

Michigan/Clevite 77 bearings, Sealed Power Rings.