lots "O" z24 questions!!!

steve g

Ok so my z24 2.6 stroker is ready for the final goodies!

My truck is an 84 4x4 and i converted it to a Z24i system about 3 years ago.

Now moving on to a new motor i want to simplify tuning by going to a fuel delivery system i know very well. Im going run a Weber DGV.

So here are my questions...

- Anyone have a good connection for a "real" DGV kit for the 720s? NO ebay please.

- what Dizzy can i use that is easy to wire up and wont need an ECU?

- Anyone able to draw up a wiring diagram for the dizzy they suggest?

-How to wire up the factory tach to this system?

- what fuel pump works good for this?

I want to run the entire system as "stand alone" meaning no computer of any kind.

Any advice is strongly appreciated

Thanks , Steve

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just some thoughts or ideas

If you want a weber call pierce manifolds in Gilroy. would you think or looked at maybe adapting a holley to your motor since it is pretty big displacement wise like maybe a Holley 380 cfm carb.

couldn't you use a Lseries style matchbox dist? wouldn't that work without any ecu?

If you are going to carbureted I have seen some use a carter electric fuel pump.

question? was your truck fuel injected to begin with? if so would the efi and manifold work for the new motor? if so why would you not want to keep that to run the new motor? just asking as I am not sure about the specs of what you have but would like to help with ideas

just some thoughts or ideas

If you want a weber call pierce manifolds in Gilroy. would you think or looked at maybe adapting a holley to your motor since it is pretty big displacement wise like maybe a Holley 380 cfm carb.

couldn't you use a Lseries style matchbox dist? wouldn't that work without any ecu?

If you are going to carbureted I have seen some use a carter electric fuel pump.

question? was your truck fuel injected to begin with? if so would the efi and manifold work for the new motor? if so why would you not want to keep that to run the new motor? just asking as I am not sure about the specs of what you have but would like to help with ideas

I know very little about the L series engines but maybe its dizzy will work... i dont know... is it points or electronic? Pertronix or someone make setup that will adapt to a points system? Hmmmm....

My truck began life as a carbed truck but since i had done about 3 TBI swaps on 720s i figured i would do mine.... plus i used to do snow runs in 20 degree weather and it was nice to have.

Well now i live in San Francisco where snow runs happen about once every 300 years and i dont like the lack of tuning that the Electro-injection offers. Plus parts are getting scarce and im having problems with idling rich and nobody seems to be able to solve it.

I love the DGV i ran one in my 22r 4x4 toyota and had amazing results.

ok... thanks everyone.... i think i will pass on the sidedrafts because i need some torque.. Also how can i wire up a z22/z24 dizzy ? What crazy little boxes and igniters do i need? eh? im talking a bit toyota here but i need assistance.

Benzo-As for where i live.... i have never given specifics but i would make a safe bet we get gas at the same station:)

There's only 3 wires to it. The dual module is under the rotor. Simple as shit to use.

Let me rephrase this.... when i go to the wrecking yard and remove the dizzy and the wiring junk that ties it to the coils that are attached to a wiring harness that i will be cutting in half.... it will be self explanitory?:confused:

The Z24 were all dual plugs. Just get any Z22/24 dizzy. Try Sealick.

How did you achieve a 2.6 motor?

The crank rod journal was offset (i will post exact #s later) and a slight amount of metal was added to the thrust part of the rod journal surface.

A mitsubishi rod is used to compensate the stroke by being slightly shorter than a stock z24 rod and the mitsubishi rod journal is the new crank journal size. Stock z24 pistons are used with some machine work. when i have some time i will post all specs.

• 3 weeks later...