Static drops - 72 521

We will be picking up the 521 on the 14th and I am trying to gather all of my thoughts together. I have searched and seen many people lower their trucks static, but haven't found an answer to this question. What is the lowest you can go by reindexing the torsion bars? There are no worries about cutting anything we just want it to be low. Also in the rear how have you all gone lower than what you can achieve with drop blocks? Monoleaf?

Also who is the lowest static on the forum and how was this achieved? We are interested in pretty much anything besides completely removing the torsion bars.

Edited by dross93ranger
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By reindexing the torsions more than normal [1 or 2 notches] you can lay frame if you so desire. In the back of my 521 i removed 3 leafs & ran the main + overload & 3 inch blocks. I was tucking a stock sized tire about 1/2 inch all around. Youll want to remove all of the bumpstops & run short shocks up front. & btw the axle will hit the frame alot.

alsp maybe lower the carrier bearing by putting a 1 inch spacer.

as daily driver. fo w/195 205 65 series tire to make up the space. 50series you really need to lower the truck. just not practicle for a daily.

really go 3 inch in back with a Betttech 2 deg block 6202 is the part# I think and reindex the front 1 notch ans use the adjuster to get what you want

if you want lower you can do it and bare the proplems of it.

remove to many leaf spring you get axle wrap.

olddatsuns.com

By reindexing the torsions more than normal [1 or 2 notches] you can lay frame if you so desire. In the back of my 521 i removed 3 leafs & ran the main + overload & 3 inch blocks. I was tucking a stock sized tire about 1/2 inch all around. Youll want to remove all of the bumpstops & run short shocks up front. & btw the axle will hit the frame alot.

My Ranger is static dropped 7/11 and step notched. I am willing to do what it takes to get this truck really low static up until we can afford to bag it. Thanks for the information. Any other information is also greatly appreciated!

Also me and my wife both have dailys, so this will be driven for pleasure (or back pain lol) and to shows.

How bad is the ride quality at that extreme of a drop?

"go 3 inch in back with a Betttech 2 deg block 6202 is the part# I think" - Is that a special block needed, not just a set of blocks you pick up at AutoZone? If so what is the purpose, pinion angle?

-Daniel

Edited by dross93ranger
  • 2 years later...