Have A14 engine ID, need car Model/Year

jfbrink

Hi,

An A14 engine came loosely fitted in my 411. Since I have it, I'm going to try to get it running and installed. This would be easier, for parts counter clerks and myself, if I knew what Model/Year this engine is specifically from.

The engine ID # is A14-708268.

The one Internet resource I found indicated that this would have come from a 1975 Datsun B-210. Can anyone confirm or deny this information?

Thanks,

Jesse.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot confirm or deny but the only real differences when ordering parts will be the intake/exhaust gasket. A14 was available with either round or oval intake ports. All the other gaskets, bearings, tune-up parts should be the same no matter the year. Carb kits may vary but could be orders by carb numbers. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

While the engine serial number might be helpful if the internals changed, they didn't so it's not really useful except for smog parts, and the above mentioned manifold gaskets. Someone could have swapped earlier or later parts on externally. The A14 was used from 1975-1982 in the US. I'd be fairly certain it's from either a 75-78 B210 or a 79-82 210. Can narrow it down some by knowing what kind of distributor it has- points or EI, matchbox EI or remote ignitor (I think there was a remote ignitor A-series dist... need to check mine)