upcoming.....whitey wayfast

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thats my new truck!!!!!:w00t: now why dont ya tell the story about how/why we got it and were it came from and what it looked like or well how it was when we first looked it? then you can tell about the jrouney home some 200 mile round trip and the problem we occured alomst home.:lol:

plans for this truck

triangulated 4 link with coilovers

rear disc brakes (will be contacting bee for these)

front coilovers (contacting bee for these as well)

Z22 engine with 5 speed (dont know how i am gunna build it yet)

dellorto 40dhla carbs on cannon intake

18 inch titan wheels

paint (havent decided on color yet)

tinted windows

well that is the plans so far but its going to take a while as i gather and collect parts as i have the money (i already have a few of these items) its just going to be a weekend driver and plan on taking it to the occasional show cause i have found out if ya try to drive a classic daily people tend to dint them up with shopping catrs and sar doors and whatnot oh well i will show progress as it happens

doc and i have been looking for a truck to measure up to stein at least halfway,for 2 if not 3 years. she has been beat all to hell the past few years, and not just by me. she's been rode hard and put up ragged!:( she needs just a small break. doc's friends and i think he needs to put her on the racetrack. every good track needs at least one good datsun to kick some tail anyway. right???:fu:

finally, after looking at so much junk and/or outrageous prices we found this little pristine beauty right here on ratsun. thanks bunches, takeatoke.

it was quite the adventure getting to her, but the journey back was....whew:blink: on the way back, the guy we borrowed the truck from let us know that it didnt have insurance. i drove down but doc was driving it back because our truck owner didnt have a drivers license. getting pulled would've been no good for all of us. he informed us that the tags were good though. they just went to another truck in someone else name:confused:

when we pulled onto our road, the dolly broke right under the passenger side tire and the strap broke too. we truly were thankful that she hadnt got loose on the way up. i guess we were crazy about the whole act of getting whitey home, but it was truly bad that we used the toedolly and the steering wasn't hooked up.:blink:

thank god though, whitey now sits here with us. she's found her new home. in 6 months or less we should have a garage built just for her and stein to get pampered in.:cool:

Reminds me of my old KC, hell, almost identical.... Mine was lowered , had shaved door handles, tailgate latches. She met her maker one night while driving home, came across some railroad tracks and the torsion bar hook caught the tracks at about 45mph and shoved the front end into the cab :eek:

Nice find

How many cars do you two have now? 4 620s and a pinto? Or did i get the pinto mixed up with someone else :lol:

3 620's. 2 king cabs, 1 long bed junker a vee dubb a oldmobile a saturn and the beaner no ya havent gotten me cornfused with anyone but my wife and i are both members here and we both post and claim all the cars but ya know whats mine is hers and whats hers is hers i just gets to work on them all:lol:

3 620's. 2 king cabs, 1 long bed junker a vee dubb a oldmobile a saturn and the beaner no ya havent gotten me cornfused with anyone but my wife and i are both members here and we both post and claim all the cars but ya know whats mine is hers and whats hers is hers i just gets to work on them all:lol:

yeah i know u and your wife are both on here, just couldnt remember who posted about the pinto..

Btw, what engine is in the pinto, 2.3?

Reminds me of my old KC, hell, almost identical.... Mine was lowered , had shaved door handles, tailgate latches. She met her maker one night while driving home, came across some railroad tracks and the torsion bar hook caught the tracks at about 45mph and shoved the front end into the cab :eek:

thats terrible. i know u miss her. we have plans to lower this sweetie also. we wanna give her a new attitude....:lol:

yeah i know u and your wife are both on here, just couldnt remember who posted about the pinto..

yeah she posted the pinto.yup its got the 2.3 and its soon to be coming out i have a 2.3 at work with a 4 barrel carb and a nasty ass cam ready to drop in

:fu:thats right, doc! get it right!!!do it slammy style!!!:fu:

:lol::lol::lol:

yep. the beaner is mine but the dattys are his:rolleyes: having myself a mean bean has been a personal craving for a while now. everyone talks about wanting muscle, nova, chevelle, fury, but i love a subtle four that has enough grit to whoop big dogs. i would love to find a b210, 1600 or 240, but the beaner will do just fine til my datty finds me.;)

you know, you could find a ford turbo coupe, its 2.3 also. Drop right in, just require a small amount of wiring :D

i would go turbo but i am not much of a ford fan and this is going to be my wifes car and she is hell on wheels and plus the motor that i am going to be dropping in is already built and my boss it giving it to me for a great price and i dont want the troubles that go with turbos and there is a ton of hp stuff local because most of all the local pintos and mustang 2 are taken off the road and put on our local dirt track

Edited by dr_datsunstein
spelling error
i would go turbo but i am not much of a ford fan and this is going to be my wifes car and she is hell on wheels and plus the motor that i am going to be dropping in is already built and my boss it giving it to me for a great price and i dont want the troubles that go with turbos and there is a ton of hp stuff local because most of all the local pintos and mustang 2 are taken off the road and put on our local dirt track

whatcha mean hell on wheels?:confused:? i'm preparing for the demo derby;) practice makes perfect:eek:

Mayberry huh?

The missus and I were headed that way Sunday sorta planning on going thru to the Gap and have lunch at the Hungry Farmer. Somehow plans changed and we went south instead.

Anytime you're coming through K-Vegas stop by for a chat.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

if anyone is interested in this truck contact my soon to be exwife ( datsunstein'swife ) she will probably give someone a great deal cause she said that if it wasnt gone by the 12th she was going to send it to the crusher and its in great shape and worth saving hell she may part it out and sell some of you guys some parts so give her a shout as i do not know what she is going to do with it altho she did say she was going to send it to the crusher if not gone by the 12th

someone act fast and save this king cab

• Like 1