phenolic spacer

athoose

The phenolic spacer on my truck was cracked so I ordered a new one. Part Number 16174-U6001. I was told nissan only has 4 more. Not sure what all years this fits. My spacer has a slot on the side for a second hollow carb bolt. My truck is my daily driver so I had to mount the carb while I waited on the spacer to get here. Well, I had to chop about 3/16 of the carb mount bolts to get it to work. If it gets it warm you can see the gas boiling in the fuel bowl. Anyway, the new spacer/insulator comes with new gaskets on it.

I did rebuild the carb while it was off as it was barely running but about the only thing that really looked bad was the spacer. Didn't see it until I cleaned the gasket material off.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used on '75-'77 620 L20Bs (and others?) with U-67 head and has the intake and exhaust manifolds bolted together. The intake has a thin metal cover over a hole in the bottom of the manifold and hot exhaust is directed up against it to heat it and help vaporise the fuel. There is a bi-metal spring, some what like the auto choke. that opens and closes a valve to prevent over heating once the motor is warmed up.