240sx KA24E intake progress

nis720

I decided to work on my spare 240sx intake. Still not sure what I want to do but I started cleaning it last night. First order of business is the emissions delete, starting with those secondary butterfly plates.

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Sanded casting marks.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped off the upper plenum I had on my truck to get polished. Here's a pic installed. The polished one has a crack and is temporarily back on the truck for photographic purposes (I'll explain later) :D and so I can drive it.

IMG_0257.jpg

Also the Lower plenum is getting some holes welded shut. Pics coming once I get that back.

In the meantime I started on these (I don't know why... same reason I'm messing with the intake I guess).

IMG_0028a.jpg

PICT0381a.jpg

Sure does look cleaner. The butterflies are closed at high vacuum (low throttle) to pinch the small amount of intake air up past the injectors to promote turbulence and swirl to help combustion. It's a low throttle economy thing.

Nice. I am gonna have to clean up my extra plenum, looks good. Where did the crack form?

I took of the coolant lines on the upper plenum and had it welded. It seems the weld did not hold up very well. In the pic you can see some black lines.

IMG_0263.jpg

Sure does look cleaner. The butterflies are closed at high vacuum (low throttle) to pinch the small amount of intake air up past the injectors to promote turbulence and swirl to help combustion. It's a low throttle economy thing.

I took them off because of the turbo (less restriction or chance the pressure will close them shut).

• 2 weeks later...

The SVC's also help out with low end torque. If you get your ECU remapped you will get some more power up top with them removed. Usually close to redline. The SOHC truck ECU's can be swapped with the stanza KA ecu. It has a real time mod for tunning.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/432186-adding-consult-port

The hybridka board has been hacked or something so its a little screwed up right now.

A buddy of mine went from the ODBI to the ODBII intake on a DOHC KA and it made a huge difference. He is already maxing out the stock injectors.

I will try to get some screen shots and bin's from him if you want. He's running the nistune board on his ECU for tunning.

-Dime