Where can I find filters?!

Jabel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if the '81 PCV's are the same setup as an '80, but I always buy the Beck-Arnley brand because they fit better. The Frams are just short enough to be an issue. The BA Pcv's fit right on. Checker can usually have it in a day or two if they don't stock them. I think it's a .50 difference in price.

Nissan. Or Schuck's/Kragen/Grand Auto. What auto parts store doesn't have a PCV Valve?

Its not the PCV valve. I need the filter that fits into the air cleaner unit. The shop manual calls it the PCV 'filter'. So far, napa and carquest don't carry them.

you can also buy a sheet of the element material at most parts store and make your own

That's what I normally do but I'm not too familiar with the ones on 720s. Some vehicles have more than just the filter element.

Actually, isn't this what you are looking for?

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=BAR&MfrPartNumber=0421396&PartType=3&PTSet=A

The filter that goes in the air cleaner is referred to as a breather filter. The 1980-82 years of 720 were kind of a bitch, 'cause they switched up stuff and changed a whole bunch of things, consequently there aren't a lot of parts available for such a short year range.

I don't see a breather filter listed, but chances are good it's the same as a 620 or later Z24 model, in which case you can probably get one for those and check it. Any PCV from a 4 cylinder Nissan/Datsun motor will work from about 1968 up to 1998, from what I've seen.