620 gas tank filler hose

Roadracer Al

My tank was leaking badly, and when I pulled it to fix the rust, I discovered that the gas tank filler hose was very dry rotted, hardened and cracked.

Of course, when I checked with Kragen & AutoZone, (dat... son... que?) they couldn't come up with a gas tank filler hose, but would be very pleased to sell me a 6' length of straight generic hose for $69.

I went to NAPA and they had a generic part that will work perfectly.

Made by Gates, part number 24711, 1 3/4" diameter, and cost $31 over the counter. You can get it on-line for $20.

It's a 45* bend with 6" long straight legs. To fit, you have to trim the legs shorter.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i work at oreillys, most of the guys just simply look up parts by application and not many people know shit about anything, i will look up the part number tomorrow and i will see what it really costs, i get shit at store cost, you might be able to use a d21 filler neck

Heh. Ghettobraden, you hit the nail on the head. On the rare occasion I find a person that seems to know what they're doing, I ask their name, and try to use the same person whenever I visit.

I used to live in MD, and the "big stores" came into town and ran the small auto parts businesses out of business. A couple years ago, I went to an AutoZone (which used to be a Trak Auto) to buy a horn relay, which should be in a blister pack in the electrical aisle, but they were out.

I went to the counter to ask if they had any in the back. The guy asks me for what car, and after a couple rounds of "I don't care what car, I just want a horn relay" "I need the make and model to FIND you a horn relay".

The counter guy said with a completely straight face that if I put the wrong horn relay in my car (it wasn't even FOR a car, but he couldn't understand that car parts are useful for OTHER THINGS besides cars) that it could burn up my computer and cause a fire.

I left.