225mm clutch sleeve chart?

LenRobertson

I've looked through back posts, but I can't find a link to the clutch sleeve dimensions for 225mm clutch. I found this page with the 200mm clutch sleeve chart:http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/tech/clutch.replacement.html Isn't there a similar chart for 225mm? Thanks.

Len

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The the clutch release bearing holder/housing is matched to the pressure plate size and has nothing to do with the transmission behind it. The 225mm pressure plate is longer (taller?) from the flywheel surface to the diaphragm finger tips than a 200mm p/p, and so the 225mm bearing housing is slightly shorter in length than the 200mm housing. This keeps the clutch arm in the same position and same range of motion regardless of the different finger heights. A 240mm housing would be even shorter to compensate for the increased finger height of the 240mm p/p.

Edited by datzenmike

The clutch I have is from a 280Z or ZX (I have the year written down somewhere, but of course can't find it right now). I'm going to put a dogleg behind it for now, and I strongly suspect the TO bearing sleeve will be the wrong length. I have a late 620 PU 5-speed, and I'm thinking that sleeve will work (didn't 620s use a 225mm clutch?).

But I'd like to find the 225mm sleeve chart for future reference. I imagine I have a printout of the chart somewhere, if no one has the link.

Len