Question on Bumperettes!

shiggy

To anyone who has mounted the bumperettes, I was wondering if they are supposed to be mounted at such a downward angle? Am I missing another mounting plate that links the bed frame and the "Y" bracket together?

"Search" did not turn up any pictures/conformation that showed the mounting points.

Could someone confirm this or post a picture of what it's supposed to look like under the bed. I would really appreciate it!:blink:

Shiggy:D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any pics, but the Y-bracket bolts directly to the frame on my 521. The holes are a little oversized so you can adjust the angle i little. If they're sitting at too steep an angle, maybe try swapping left to right/right to left. The brackets could also be a little bent.

I don't have any pics, but the Y-bracket bolts directly to the frame on my 521. The holes are a little oversized so you can adjust the angle i little. If they're sitting at too steep an angle, maybe try swapping left to right/right to left. The brackets could also be a little bent.

x2.........:cool:

x 3.....

So I tried mounting them today, and they would not line up enough to get

both bolts through. the "Y" brackets I have are straight from chassie mount to the bumper mount.

I saw the brackettes on a 64 pickup at the Datsun Museum in Murietta yesterday and those mount

inline with the frame with a bend that swoops under the light housing.

Can anyone confirm the shape of their brackettes for the 521, please?

Thanks,

Shiggy:confused:

They're Y-shaped as you describe. Try sampo some pics of yours. I've had a couple of sets roll thru and they ALL had bent brackets. These are probably no different.

Check this one, my 521 (that I picked up in oregon) has safety check! Hahaha. I found a decent pair of bumperettes in Kalihi valley. $40 w/ brackets! ;)

-Brian

Im not too savy on the picture posting, but I will try and get some pics up.

I was also going to try and use some thinner bolts to give more play. Is this

a good idea, or would this be something ill advised. Structurally speaking.

BTW Thanks for the pic.

Thanks for the Picture host thread! I'll give that a try.

In the mean time, just got back from Rod's Discount Datsun Parts in San Jose.

I showed him the brackets I had, and he looked at them and said they are not Datsun brackets.

Funny that they look just like the ones pictured above... but maybe the design is similar to other mounts.

We would have to cut/weld/heat up these to give them a slight bend.

Edited by shiggy

So my mechanic took a look at the brackettes I have and we both suggested the same thing...

a square metal plate ~3/8 inch thick with 4 holes to lower the mount.

Seemed easier than trying to heat and bend the brackette.

Any thoughts?