headlights no worky!! grrrrrrrrrr

jesusno2

so i've gotten quite far on resurecting my goon from the dead. ka swap, replacing parts etc etc. well ive gotten to the point now where im putting everthing back together. i installed new h4 headlights and i got those installed along with my turnsignals all new bulbs everywhere. cleaned every connection i could possibly find. Today i installed my turnsignals and their working fine. but i have no headlights i have battery power to the plugs, but all three prongs are live is'nt one supposed to be a ground??? i'm guessing i might have a bad switch but my park lights work fine?. and i have no turn signals at all. any one else have any input on this? the harness is all in tact car was a automatic maybe i'm missing something??

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already have about 20 diagrams they do me no good in trying to hunt down a short, I'm guessing or I'm also wondering if maybe the factory relay may be shorted internally. Other weird thing I noticed tonight when I pull the plug apart on the headlight relay my headlight plugs still have juice? Wouldn't that kill power to the headlights?

headlights are ALREADY connected to the battery. Known as switchable ground system.

if you use a test light/volt meter your connecting the ground to the light or meter which shows that its hot. You lights are not ON untill you pull the swtich and it will send a ground to the lamp this completeding the circut for the lamp to come on.

in the off position the lamps will have 12volts to all the 3 prongs on outer lamp both prong on High beam

install the stock lamps back on.see if it works. some lamps might be grounded some not.depending on manufacture. I heard seen that soem lamps people install them the lights come on. cuase its touching metel

really you should use a H4 relay harness

Edited by banzai510(hainz)